What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Began contemplating on whether or not to black out the chrome (LS) trim like my car (SS) should have :?

wash her

I changed the front upper control arms, had a vibration in the front end since I put the car back on the road a few weeks ago and the uppers had a little bit of play so I changed them. When I was putting my wheels back on I noticed there was no balancing weights stuck onto the rim and no indication of any being stuck on so that's where the vibration is coming from and it had nothing to do with the uppers but they needed changing anyway. I just had the tires mounted and balanced before I put the car on the road so I never considered the wheels could be the problem. Guess where I'm headed tomorrow?.. :mrgreen:

Loaded up and went off to pull my skiff out of the water with the hurricane coming. Man I love these wagons!

rebuilt an old manual steering box, greased, painted, and adjusted and ready to be installed tomorrow, savin 3 hp and 15 lbs hellz ya. Got some pushrods and valve springs in the mail so the cutlass is gettin ready and she knows it, she's always givin me that look now when I go out to wrench on her.

cleaned up the backing plates for my 8.2, put a new spring kit on the brakes, removed the disk brake set up on the 8.2 and installed the backing plates for the drums. I was going to install the 8.2 with the disk brake set up but I decided to put the 8.2 in with the drum brakes since that's basically a plug and play. I'll do the conversion another time when I have more time.

Put in the 8.2 today. I would not recommend that conversion if you have boxed control arms, they give you no allowances to make things fit. I got it done but was a b*tch. I just have to figure out what U joint to run cause the one for my GP doesn't fit and the sway bar doesn't fit as well.

drive it with still messed up intake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor