What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
took steering column apart, tightened tilt bolts, greased ball joint, bearings and bearing races in there, found more plastic parts that are broken :roll:

Replaced my Pypes street pro mufflers with the violator ones. Sounds like a cammed 4.6 Mustang, has a really hollow sound when cruising but when I get on it the car sounds nasty. :mrgreen:

Pulled the 307 finally...now body work can resume and painting will be on its way.

I got my dress up kit polished that Ohlly88SS sent me. They turned out great

dressupkit.jpg

And I got the air cleaner mounted with new 4 inch filter, all under the stock hood

aircleaner.jpg

Now I need to get the valve covers on, and order an AC delete heater box and the engine bay will be done . . . FOR NOW.
I forgot I also ordered this :mrgreen:

tach.jpg

replaced a $46 conversion u-joint on the side of the highway cause some idiot didn't make sure the c clip was in the grove and the cap blew out at 70mph... 😳

pontiacgp said:
replaced a $46 conversion u-joint on the side of the highway cause some idiot didn't make sure the c clip was in the grove and the cap blew out at 70mph... 😳
Been there! Except it was at a stoplight next to a new Camaro. It was his fault :twisted:

-83MONTESS- said:
I got the dash trim piece finished. Tell me what ya think

dashtrim.jpg

I think in the future I will be staying away from SEM interior paint. It worked good on the dash but every ****ing time I touch any other piece it scratches :roll: I cleaned the materials, sprayed in very light coats, in a controlled climate room and let sit for 2 days before even touching. I used the adhesion promoter also. Im half tempted to rip every piece out and buy new pieces and start over with Duplicolor. GODAMMIT :x
That looks good.I just painted my dash panel earlyer on my GP.It turned out nice,next time,when I get a chance ill post a picture

BIGBrandon2785 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
I got the dash trim piece finished. Tell me what ya think
I think in the future I will be staying away from SEM interior paint. It worked good on the dash but every ****ing time I touch any other piece it scratches :roll: I cleaned the materials, sprayed in very light coats, in a controlled climate room and let sit for 2 days before even touching. I used the adhesion promoter also. Im half tempted to rip every piece out and buy new pieces and start over with Duplicolor. GODAMMIT :x
That looks good.I just painted my dash panel earlyer on my GP.It turned out nice,next time,when I get a chance ill post a picture
Thanks! I actually forgot to take pics of the vents I painted today also. The rings on them are silver and the middle vent pieces are the dark silver/gunmetal color I used on the trim. I know have to start thinking of various places to put my shift light. Anybody got any good ideas???

wash and drove

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor