What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good look at my seat belts and tried to understand how to remove everything so I can replace them w/ new ones.
And I've replaced the roof rail weatherstrip, driver side. What a pain to do. The glue was so strong that it is difficult to clean the rails properly.
Once done the look and soundproofing are much better.

I Ran All New Brake Lines And Got Most Of The Lights To Work! Tomorrow I Am Finishing Up The Brake Booster Swap And Getting Elky Ready For NYS Inspection!

It sure is nice to be able to get out of trouble you put yourself into!

Took my Cutlass on a short road trip today to test the new fuel system. The engine pulls really great on E85 and the wideband lambda says that the new carb is spot on. Hmm... it seems have a rough idle standing at the lights with the gear on... must be a timing issue that can be worked out later. What the hell, coasting to a stop on the freeway rest area the engine goes lean and stalls, the timing must be way off. Back home in the garage, check the timing, everything good and on neutral it runs fine. :wtf:

I put my son in the drivers seat to check the timing with the gear on and the timing is just right. While he was inside with the trans on reverse and his foot on the brake the engine died again. I told him to start and it started just fine. Then I happened to glance at the fuel pressure gauge at the regulator. It was reading zero! I told him to shut the engine and got on driver's seat myself. I started the engine and went to look at the pressure gauge. Full seven psi!

I got an electric pump at wired with a relay in the back of the car and an oil pressure switch in the engine bay. I checked the voltage at the oil pressure switch and checked all the connections at the pump. Finally I realized that the oil pressure switch is not getting voltage whenever the brake lights are on.

I gave myself a smack on the head and wished I was bendy enough to kick myself in the butt! :blam: The Cutlass is originally a diesel and when I bought it I removed a lot of wiring. In the engine bay I left all the wires that had voltage with the ignition on because I figured they'd be needed later. So I used on of those to power the oil pressure switch that powers the fuel pump. That wire must have been related to the TCC the car used to have. So tomorrow I'll have to undo all the stupid things I did. I would feel a lot less stupid if I had someone else to blame.

I scored an original blue leather rear seat and rear speaker deck both in PERFECT shape for a whopping $24 8)

I mounted and ballanced my new tires on my new rims. I went with some cragar soft 8's 15X8 in the rear and 15X7 in the front. I like them. crappy phone pictures. i want to get them powder coated flat black I think. With the 275 60's in the back I ran a 1/4 spacer for some safety room.

1334287626.jpg

1334287580.jpg

1334286766.jpg

Finished mounting the Lokar shifter to the floor, with help from MrsPapabearxl. Having problems figuring out how I'm gonna configure it, to the transmission though. Shifter uses a threaded rod instead of a cable, meaning cutting the floor, and the bracket that came with it (for the 200-4R) doesn't directly fit on the transmission. The bracket from the original TH200 may work with mods, but don't know. May have to just get an oem bracket for connection. MrsPapabearxl also helped me attach the header collectors/exhaust.

I had the car I sold returned to me because the fellow said it was way too fast for him. Strange,since my mechanic removed most of the rear cylinder walls to make room for the super charger. He decided not to put it in though,so the car couldn't get past 12's at the track Oh well,at least i have my car back and can chat with all you fellas here again!! Yeaa. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor