What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled motor from the blazer last weekend, and today started sanding off the orange in anticipation of its new color. Can not wait to swap out the 6 cyl. for this motor in my regal.

Attachments

• regal motor.jpg
    regal motor.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,146
  • regal motor 2.jpg
    regal motor 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,141
Went and looked at my car, and wished the valves were set so I could drive the thing already.

put a door in the trunk... pretty damn crafty and useful if you ask me. better than having stuff slide all around every time i take a turn...
2012-04-10115150.jpg

2012-04-10115219.jpg

2012-04-10115225.jpg

2012-04-10133009.jpg

2012-04-10133329.jpg

^^^Thats a good idear!

it may be a good idea till you have a flat.. 🙁

I slid the old cam out an slid the ZZ4 cam in, put in the lifters and spider. Tomorrow the retainer and pushrods come on so I should have it finished for the weekend

I have tie downs in the malibu to prevent the quarters from being dented (again) by random objects sliding in the trunk, 8) .
Noticed a little issue the other day, if I was cruising at 45-50mph or so, and cracked if off, the car would break up and backfire around 3500rpm. From a dead stop, smashing the gas to the floor was a smooth ride to 5000rpm. Got to thinking, gotta be something goofy with the distributor. So tonight I decided to have a looksie. Found that one of the advance springs had stretched to point of allowing the weight to flop in the breeze, basically alowing the mechanical advance to do what ever it felt like. So I came up with a new weight spring combo via spare parts from another distributor. Fired it up, and instantly noticed a great improvement on idle quality. I didn't try it out yet, as I had few beers in the process of troubleshooting and fixing, so a test drive was out of the question :lol: . Maybe tomarrow if it's half decent out, lol.

ordered a new top radiator hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor