What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working on my 85 ECin order to put leather Buick electric seats in it which came from a 1996 Buick Regal (in the same maroon color as my interior). Today, I designed and cut some steel rod and flat stock in order to fabricate a bracket for my Buick leather seats. The idea is for the bracket to bolt to the existing bucket seat (and same mount for 60/40 bench seat) factory studs and brackets from the factory. I will then bolt the Buick seats to the bracket. I have set forth pictures of my fabrication mock-up and then welding tack up. I have only tack welded the bracket together for now. I still have to make sure that the bracket bolts up correctly to the Buick seat. Once I am sure that the bracket is tacked up correctly I will finish it with the electric welder.

I bought a manufactured bracket and it was too high for the Buick seats (my head was touching the roof). I used the same design as the manufactured bracket as a beginning point but modified the design so that the bracket is as low as possible in order to fix the headroom issue.

I have snapped some pictures for all of you to see our progress.

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

just drove it to work and back today lol . but while i was at work i got the idea to get my ss rims out of storage . gonna be painting them up pretty soon to put on my monte .

I got a call from the machine shop friday about my engine block. The block is cracked too badly. A sleeve wont do it. I need a whole new block. How do you spell pissed? There it is!

PGLM that color is very nice. What is it?

Found my door partially painted this morning!
15718133_medium.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0427.jpg
    IMAG0427.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 661
Got the headers, motor mounts and transmision mounts tightened up. And installed all the manual clutch linkage parts

started her up and that ZZ4 cam sure makes her sound sweet. 🙂 The heater core decided to leak, it's only a couple years old and I don't drive her in the winter. :x The transmission I put together is still making some noise so I must have missed something... :x

that's two :x and one 🙂 ..so that makes it a good day.. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor