What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing you might want to look at is those wonderful aluminum wire lines running from the fuse box to the rear...that aluminum wire has a tendency of corroding...

Prepped the GP for the drag races on the 27th. New plugs, wires, curve kit, and timed for performance. Then took her for a test drive. Or I should say, ...drove it like I stole it!

Had a rough start after pulling out of storage this year. Needed new wires after the rear antifreeze port gasket on the intake blew out before putting it away. Next the distributor gear rounded out again. Found out that I was using the wrong gear b/c of the roller cam. After that my starter took a sh*t. But that was the break though b/c i found a place that rebuilt it for $20 new bearings and brushes on a high torque starter. Now i can finally drive it.

Took it to the Dragstrip and ran a 10.32 wit a new 350. This is on my first time out. Definetly goin to do it again tomorrow.

drove it to work for the first time.. its about a 35 mile drive.. and thanks to nato summit being in chicago and the media scaring everyone the expressway had no traffic for the first time ever during the week in my life time. cant wait to take the t-tops off after work a cruise home. might take the long way to see what kind of mess is going around down town with all the protesters

-83MONTESS- said:
pontiacgp said:
other than the wheel cylinder don't try to fix the other problems just yet. Each spring problems with electrical show up but give a few days they seem to correct themselves. I had all brake lites working but when a friend brought the car back from a little spin I had one bulb on the right side for brake lites. The right side is fed by the left so there had to be power going to at least one left side light. I took them apart and couldn't find any problems and they all worked when I put it back together. My parking lite right front finally starting working today...
Well the brake lights havent worked since around christmas time but they worked when I parked it about a month and half before then. The only way I found out was when I moved it into the garage my buddy asked me if I knew about my brake lights being out. I checked the bulbs, checked the wires and I cant find any obvious problems so im hoping its a $14 brake light switch. I have given up on the wiper motor and im lost on the window because theres no binding or anything. I just wanna drive it already
check out this video i made, it might help you:
[youtube]6zcghZbP4t0[/youtube]

I made an attempt to replace the left rear brake cylinder but broke the chinsy *ss clip so that has to wait yet another day. Reminds me of the cliche 1 step forward and 2 steps back except I havent made a step forward in probly 3 weeks :?

442_7.5ltr said:
You a Jay-Z fan?

Not my style but he's got a few i'll listen to! Funny thing is I didn't know it was one of his songs till i googled the word "cashmere thoughts" the same day i posted that.

On another note i've been trying to get the car safe to drive to the music shop hopefully saturday. this morning i finished wiring my train horn switch, trunk pop, and an on/off switch for my compressor to where i can just drop my center console in and plug everthing to the switches. I've still got to re-thread one of my transmission mount holes,rtv the mr gasket water neck, and tighten rear control arms once i set my pinion angle.

Ok Just curious. Looking good anyway. Keep it going.

Yesterday i went to take the mr gasket thermostat housing off and put rtv under it and i broke off a bolt. Drilled that out and broke the extractor off in that bolt. So today i took the intake off to have it drilled out tomorrow morning. On a better note i got my led's yesterday and wired them into the headlights today.

Attachments

• IMAG0494.jpg
    IMAG0494.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMAG0492.jpg
    IMAG0492.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 465
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor