What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
yeah Johnny, ya probably shoulda hit that with the grinder before paint :wink: :lol:

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I jacked the front of mine up today and sprayed the underneath,inside the doors,front fenders,rear fenders and inside the frame with Fluid Film & red Rust Check.I do this every year before I put it away for the winter.I also checked the front wheel bearings,the right side was a bit loose,so I tightened it up a bit.
Guy

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
got mine on the dollies and pushed in the corner for the winter. had to buy a new set of dollies,i put my scout on them to move it and bent 2 of the wheels,cant find replacement casters so i had to buy a new set .

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
pulled the headliner and got it all cleaned up for a new one went to the salvage yard and pulled lots of upgrade parts, now just gotta find the time to install them all and pull the interior to paint...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's getting cooler so I removed a few gallons of water and water wetter to make room for a few gallons of anti freeze. I had a bit of play in the drag link so I changed that and the steering is like it should be, nice and tight.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I took a shingle off the hood of the car this morning. I guess a couple shingles came loose in the wind last night and hit the car. I need a garage !

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
So, I tried instaling my new trans lines (from Inline Tube), and came to the conclusion these are just something else I SHOULD have installed before putting the motor and transmission in...now what to do:
1) drain the new break-in oil (should have waited to put the oil in till later anyway), drop the filter, drop the passenger header, and install trans lines, or
2) Plug the ports on the transmission and radiator, and when I am ready to break the motor in, run it like it should be, then go ahead and change the break in oil, drop the filter and header. Then install the transmission lines. Car will not be moved while engine is broke in. Any foreseeable problems in doing this?

I figure what I will do is bite the bullet, drain the break in oil (in a sterile container, for reuse), drop the filter, unbolt the header and install the lines before I break the motor in.

I will know next time.....along with the dipstick installation BEFORE putting the new motor in....still have to do that, and try the "freezer" trick with that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
papabearxl said:
2) Plug the ports on the transmission and radiator, and when I am ready to break the motor in, run it like it should be, then go ahead and change the break in oil, drop the filter and header. Then install the transmission lines. Car will not be moved while engine is broke in. Any foreseeable problems in doing this?

I don't think you can plug the ports, I'd run a loop so the fluid would flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor