What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seperated the frame and body and ordered up a few susp...goodies.its time to start wrenching.

Attachments

• PICT0107.JPG
    PICT0107.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 700
Gbody said:
my carpet came in the mail

Where did you get it from? looking to order one soon... :mrgreen:

I got around to doing some polishing to my 496 heads. The previous owner had the heads cut and machined for bigger valves and he took care of the bowl blend also. I took off the casting flash from inside the ports and then hit them with a sanding bit to clean them up. I didnt take them to a full shiny look on purpose btw 8) Here's a pic
polishedports_zps0565386f.jpg

gunna pull her out of the back yard this weekend i think. gunna take a little cruze and then start the wrenching!!!!

super nice day today..so i drove the sh#t out of it :lol: .that about it 😀
the transmission is a bit messed up in 3rd..not even gonna try and fix it as its a 200m/307 and i have a nice t350 with a shift kit attached to a warmed up 305, that i can drop in just about as easy as a transmission swap so in the next few weeks will do that..its stronger than the stock 307 and it wont cost me anything but time..down the road i will drop in a 383. i also ordered some qa1 pro coilovers for the front to lower it nicely so lts of stuff will be happening soon 8)

Attachments

• REGAL.jpg
    REGAL.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 488
Started pulling the motor apart of the 86 olds i bought a couple months ago for a cam change and some other upgrades and found water under the valve covers, the car had been sitting for a long time before i got it in a guys driveway with that new motor in it so i keep wondering if its just condensation built up over time but it seems like quite a bit. Strange thing is its just straight water and im running 50/50. Gonna pull the plugs/intake and see what i can find. Might have to pull the heads

got her out of storage finally. burnt some rubber now it's time for some work to get done.

IMAG0068_zps00ac1d53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor