What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
welded in my drip rails, sandblasted the roof skin and epoxied it. Should have it tacked on monday or wednesday. What a pain in the azz this whole roof business has become. Lots of intricate brackets.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
installed this drive system , only the alt. is reused. been fighting a belt misalignment issue , missed 2 car shows so far , to much effort for a engineered system! bought different brand tensioners/ belts ,reinstalled / re torqued , still the same results! almost over this.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 483

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Well my brother narrowed a power washer today to wash the house. So when he was done I grabbed it and power washed the engine bay and the underside of the car. Plan on under coaring it sometime within the week.

What are y'all using these days?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
modified the base of the hid high beam to install a 194NA bulb on each side of each hid to use as a DLR. ... :)

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Well my brother narrowed a power washer today to wash the house. So when he was done I grabbed it and power washed the engine bay and the underside of the car. Plan on under coaring it sometime within the week.

What are y'all using these days?

Personally I use and have been pleased with performance and ease of application of a product called Rust Bullet

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Took the car for a nice fall cruise. About 100 mi up hwy 27 to Barrie for coffee then more back roads all the way home enjoying the fall colours. Ended the drive with a nice rattle in my exhaust at idle that I will have to look into tomorrow.

During the drive I had a kid following me in what ended up as a Bimmer 2 series coupe for quite a while ( at least 30 mins ). When we opened up from 2 lanes to 4 in some little town he pulled up next to me a the lights. When the light turned green he was gone like a shot. I didn't even know we were racing LOL

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I installed a windshield washer reservoir from an 89 F body. It has the pump mounted on the reservoir so it pushes the fluid instead of trying to pull and push. I have my ignition electronics where the G body washer reservoir goes so I put an 84 reservoir in just in front of the wheel well but the stock pump didn't like pulling the fluid from that distance. The F body reservoir fits pretty good in that location and holds alot more than what the G body reservoir holds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor