What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
dropped one side of the exhaust, removed the cross member, transmission, bellhousing, pressure plate and disk. I have my favorite flywheel in to be refaced and supposed to get it back tomorrow morning but who knows so I left the flywheel in place..I'm anxious to open the transmission to see what failed but I'll get the GP back on the road first ..:)

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
picked up the refaced flywheel and replaced the current one, installed the new Hays performance disk and pressure plate, I use an input shaft from a T5 to line up the disk, removed the slave cylinder and replaced that with the Howe hydraulic throw out bearing, installed the bellhousing, used blue loctite on all the bolts and prepped the transmission to install it tomorrow when I'm fresh....:)

Reactions: 3 users

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Cleaned the interior and treated the leather.
1799156_10207612127649699_9037172019120630299_o.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
took the bellhousing off and the pressure plate cause I forgot to wash the face on the pressure plate yesterday when I installed it, then put it all back on after washing the pressure plate...:doh:..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
got the transmission, floor support, driveshaft and cross member installed and then the floor jack decided to blow a seal. I still have to put the exhaust back on, install the pedal stop and adjust that so I don't overstroke the throw out bearing and get the car back on the ground. I'm hoping I measured for the hydraulic throw out bearing correctly cause it looks tight on the pressure plate. If the clutch slips I'll dropping the transmission again to put the stock parts back in...:(

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
picked up a floor jack this morning and got everything installed. Checked the clearance on the hydraulic throwout bearing after pushing the clutch pedal a few times and that seems ok . Drained the fluid in the transmission and then tried to remove the fill plug. The fill plug id frozen in place thanks the metal plug in an aluminum housing. After messing up the 3/8 square hole in the plug I got the cold chisel out with my favorite little mallet but that just started shaving the metal plug. So I left it and will put some heat on it tomorrow. I fill the transmission at my shifter so it's not a big deal except I remove the fill plug to let me know when the transmission has the right amount of oil. If anyone wonders why I didn't remove the plugs while the transmission was on the ground I'd like to know why as well....:doh:

Reactions: 1 user

86regaldrvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
started the wrap process on the cutlass. View attachment 52999 View attachment 53000
Couldn't help but notice...Is that a Scout in the background?
almost lol. 1976 international traveler. i have owned it for 30 years i used to drive it till it started rusting out really bad. as soon as my cutlass is done then i start on full resto for it.

I have a couple of Scouts, the back corner looks kinda alike. I have thoughts of getting one running at some point, this one has sat too long.

Attachments

• 2016-07-31 001.jpg
    2016-07-31 001.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor