What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered my new crossmember for the 4L80E transmission. I'm hoping to physically mount the new engine/trans combo in the car later this month.

Oh, and I sent in my UPC label so I can finally get my FiTech rebate processed. 🙂

I cleaned up the intake and installed that last night along with the distributor and carb. I picked up new heater hoses and a lower rad hose today and installed that and got the coolant in. Started the car and it raced and then died. I can keep it running but soon as I let it idle it dies. Acting like a vacuum leak but when I have it running I put a rag over the carb to choke it and the engine dies right away. So I said f that and I'll look at it tomorrow...🙂

Been busy... Swapped out my oil pan gasket(had a tear that was leaking), Installed new QA1 front adjustable shocks, Swapped my intake, Changed oil, oil filter, new coolant, new brake fluid, made some changes in my EFI settings. So far initial tests are all good,.

I just ordered my new crossmember for the 4L80E transmission. I'm hoping to physically mount the new engine/trans combo in the car later this month.

Oh, and I sent in my UPC label so I can finally get my FiTech rebate processed. 🙂
Love the GP and the quote by Freiburger 😀

Been busy... Swapped out my oil pan gasket(had a tear that was leaking), Installed new QA1 front adjustable shocks, Swapped my intake, Changed oil, oil filter, new coolant, new brake fluid, made some changes in my EFI settings. So far initial tests are all good,.
You know, my Buick 350 doesn't drip a drop of oil. Even though I ripped the front half of the gasket off changing gaskets and made my own and a gob of rtv in the corners. +1 for Buicks. >🙂

Continued mock up of my 95 LT1/4L60E combo. Bolted the 200-4R shift linkage and cable bracket to the trans and everything lines up. Decided not to fork out the cash for a new crossmember and just notch the original one. Has a chunk of 3/8"x 6" square tube which turned out pretty good. Now to order a set of Hedman D-port headers with the crossmember money!
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG

turned out to be a vacuum leak after all, easy fix and changed the plugs to something a little colder. Engine winds up and down quicker with the light flywheel and the clutch set up with the Howe hydraulic throwout bearing is working like it should. The vibration I had around 2000 rpm is gone so I guess the problem was with the Centerforce pressure plate. Sure is nice to have the GP on the road again...🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor