What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sanded some spot putty on the driver side wheelwell, then spot primed. I was gonna block it back down, but I decided to mount my battery box. I know I know, it's not on the passenger side, but the spare tire well provides mounting complications.
I'm not going for no racing records, and I'll be able to still haul chairs and tools to shows. View attachment 119060

it may be just me but I don't like putting likely sources of a spark in the same container as a fuel cell.....

Reactions: 1 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Im looking to paint my grommets and switches soon as well. What paint and materials did you use and how was the outcome?

I know it will be frowned upon but I used Plasti Dip this time, I got what was supposed to be better when i did my gauge housing and I really didn't like the color or how it came out. This time I just scotchbrited it, cleaned it with surface cleaner, and shot 3 coats of plasti dip. Thought they came out pretty good, I did also do the shiny part of the felts but didn't like how that came out so peeled it back off

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It was bike day at daycare so I took my best utility vehicle.

20190726_164609_HDR.jpg

Just doing "That Dad" things...

20190723_193146_HDR.jpg

Nananananana... That Dad... nananananana... That Dad... That Dad... That Dad.

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I know it will be frowned upon but I used Plasti Dip this time, I got what was supposed to be better when i did my gauge housing and I really didn't like the color or how it came out. This time I just scotchbrited it, cleaned it with surface cleaner, and shot 3 coats of plasti dip. Thought they came out pretty good, I did also do the shiny part of the felts but didn't like how that came out so peeled it back off

I plastidipped my knob... in the wagon... for the headlights. Makes for a nice soft touch.

Oh man... this came out all wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hose clamps holding up rear half of exhaust broke. Got tired of bringing hald the driveway with me upon entry. $2.50 later and mufflers are up as higj as they can be again.

God i gottta get that jegs kit.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ran out of light and 180 grit so I'm done for the night. Soooo much more respect for you body guys like Clutch and RKTPWRD that make this look easy.
20190726_211306.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor