What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Got off my can and swapped in the manual tilt column before I destroyed it in the mess that was my garage. It will get less messy in there if I have more days like this.
View attachment 121389 View attachment 121390 View attachment 121391 View attachment 121392

It's really gubby and the steering wheel is only slightly less sticky that the tan one. Am I blue...am I bluuuuuue...
View attachment 121394 View attachment 121395 View attachment 121396 View attachment 121401

One wire (white one) was damaged...I extracted the tiny connector, but had no luck spreading it open so I could reclamp it on the pruned back wire. Another day.
View attachment 121398 View attachment 121399 View attachment 121400

Done! I'm putting the word out there that I am looking for one of the tiny spade ends that go in the long narrow black terminal block on top of the column (red arrow). I also need to locate a new gasket for the toeboard plate. But I did make a trace of the old one before bolting it in, so I can fab one on my own if needed.

Thanks to Donovan and JAMCAR223 for the #12 chukka boots, one to each cheek.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Mikemontes also has them

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Installed my UMI rear control arms, went together real nice. It’s nice to have 2 floor jacks, I had one under the diff to adjust positioning and the second to force the lower arm into the diff in front of the shock mount.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ha, yeah I really need to mow since I've neglected it for a few days now while trying to get the right tune to keep this car running. Hopefully have a decent tune in the next couple days from MHM and be able to tweak it.

Park the mower - ones and zeros sent. Do work, Son.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Ha, yeah I really need to mow since I've neglected it for a few days now while trying to get the right tune to keep this running. Hopefully have a decent tune in the next couple days from MHM and be able to tweak it.
man,you're loading a tune in your lawn mower??? you're not screwing around over there...🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
View attachment 121401

One wire (white one) was damaged...I extracted the tiny connector, but had no luck spreading it open so I could reclamp it on the pruned back wire. Another day.

Done! I'm putting the word out there that I am looking for one of the tiny spade ends that go in the long narrow black terminal block on top of the column (red arrow). I also need to locate a new gasket for the toeboard plate. But I did make a trace of the old one before bolting it in, so I can fab one on my own if needed.

White wire, T/S switch side? I got ya, PM your address, I'll mail one with some wire attached to you if that'll work

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Installed the anti rattle kit on the drivers side and everything on the passenger side but the riveted piece in the door, by the time I got there it was almost 10p and our neighbors already don't like us so decided to wait until today. Installed the felts on the outside of the door while the windows were out and got the second ring installed on the drivers side. Hopefully today I get a ton done was hoping to be wrapped up by today but not so sure that is going to happen.

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor