What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some more done tonight, got the passenger glass back in. Then fabbed and covered these to fit into the door panel to replace the dark carpet that wouldn't match my new one anyways
20190820_205833.jpg

I changed the ATF in my transmission to a better grade and I added a couple of diodes to my headlight wiring. I got rid of the relay that you get with a bi xenon harness so I could use a standard 4 pin relay cause the pins in the bi xenon harness seem to corrode no matter what you do with them. I spliced in the wires to activate the hi beam in the bi xenon but the low beam wire is dead when the hi beams are on. I added a diode between the hi beam green wire so the current would pass to the lo beam light brown wire but the power from the lo beam would not travel to the hi beam when the lo beams were on. I also put in a diode in the low beam wire so the current would not flow back the light switch when the hi beams are on......:popcorn:

What diodes did you choose? I am interested to see how they hold together under that amount of current.

Didn't feel like much progress yesterday since I had to remake the bottom spacer since it was too thin and split, now trying to fight the thickness of this one and getting the door panel to fit alright.
View attachment 121049View attachment 121050
Clean up the split and reinforce with some thin sheet metal around the circumference held on by tiny screws?

This may be a dumb question but, did you make sure that your torque converter is seated all the way? When the converter is slid into the Trans you need to play with it until it has bottomed completely (generally 3 audible clunks).
In general you should not be able to slide your fingers behind the converter.

Clean up the split and reinforce with some thin sheet metal around the circumference held on by tiny screws?
Thanks, I already made bigger rings. Was gonna make it easier to mount the speaker and other spacer to be bigger anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor