What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove it!!!!

Went to have the 3:42's installed at a friends reputable off-road/performance shop, used gear set, found a few marks in the crown so decided to put a perfect set of 3:73's in. (he has a source for oem gm gears that were change outs when purchaser of new vehicle wants different ratio. Picked it up, did proper heat cycles/break in. Not a sound from the rear end. Felt perfect. Driving home from work last week i slowed down to turn onto my road and rear end started to whine. Went to the shop, found the pattern looked good but was wearing into the gear quite deep. Friend got ahold of supplier and sent pics, supplier figured faulty gear maybe but warrantied it and sent another set. Picked up on tuesday, be driving every day and on the way to work this morning at highway speeds i noticed it is starting to whine under light load..... Now, do i continue driving to see if it develops and gets louder? Pull the cover and look? or Beat the piss out of it until it screams for me to install a 9"?

anyways...back to what did i do to it today???? Drove it, yelled, swore....parked it in the parking lot at work until i leave and drive it back home in 2 hours!!:blam:

Reactions: Rktpwrd and TURNA
Quickly installed the newly engraved horn button onto the wheel. Looks great, just need to prep and paint the dash so y'all will leave me alone about the wires lol.
20190822_170231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor