What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove it!!!!

Went to have the 3:42's installed at a friends reputable off-road/performance shop, used gear set, found a few marks in the crown so decided to put a perfect set of 3:73's in. (he has a source for oem gm gears that were change outs when purchaser of new vehicle wants different ratio. Picked it up, did proper heat cycles/break in. Not a sound from the rear end. Felt perfect. Driving home from work last week i slowed down to turn onto my road and rear end started to whine. Went to the shop, found the pattern looked good but was wearing into the gear quite deep. Friend got ahold of supplier and sent pics, supplier figured faulty gear maybe but warrantied it and sent another set. Picked up on tuesday, be driving every day and on the way to work this morning at highway speeds i noticed it is starting to whine under light load..... Now, do i continue driving to see if it develops and gets louder? Pull the cover and look? or Beat the piss out of it until it screams for me to install a 9"?

anyways...back to what did i do to it today???? Drove it, yelled, swore....parked it in the parking lot at work until i leave and drive it back home in 2 hours!!:blam:
I vote option 3 with Ken Block, Gymkhana action.

Rocker arms installed. Plugs, wires, and coolant and it will fire up Saturday morning.

6CEC8BF5-86D8-4901-9477-6E252F0DF6E5.jpeg

Resprayed my tailgate and did a little airbrushing 😁View attachment 121690

check with your insurance company to see if they give you a discount for your personalized plates, some do as the plates are easier to remember and recognize than a normal plate in case of a theft....

Last edited:
Got the drive window glass back in and all of the anti rattle kit finished on both windows. Put the inner felt onto the door panel and then Dyno matted the roof, really felt like I should have got more done. But seems to be the daily theme, so hopefully buying a router today that will allow me to do the GTO wheels after work so I can take it to the car show tomorrow and Sunday since Monte still isn't done.

Put my new VAVA dual dash cams to the test. I only recorded the rear view this time.

Just been driving it. It really likes 12* initial, 1.5 turns out on the mixture screws. 16-17" vacuum at 700rpm idle.
After I stop being lazy and I get that afr gauge hooked up, I'll get after that WOT and ATP adjustment. WOT was 10.8 according to the dyno, so I got some work to do. I got some secondary rods about 2 and 3 steps leaner respectively.

Hauled it to my new beginnings!
1566605582253.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor