What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I do, test fitted a speaker in the dash to verify clearance before ordering new ones. Yep, touches the grilles ever so slightly so looking at options.
Also tried to very carefully remove the dash emblem, but both plastic pins broke so waiting on a PN for that.
20191124_001738.jpg

Got started on the rear brake refresher. The hardest part was replacing the wheel cylinder and holding the new one and mounting bracket in place while I drilled the holes in the backing plate. Otherwise the process is easy. Still waiting on the aluminum drums to be turned, then I can bleed/adjust/etc and see the difference.

Attachments

• ACB7F82C-2303-4D2D-BB67-62A4E57D68DA.jpeg
    ACB7F82C-2303-4D2D-BB67-62A4E57D68DA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
  • 34F6C324-0537-4BC3-B58F-D477C700EA3A.jpeg
    34F6C324-0537-4BC3-B58F-D477C700EA3A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • FE8513CF-B595-4DF0-94C3-E122C063DBBE.jpeg
    FE8513CF-B595-4DF0-94C3-E122C063DBBE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
Tried to get the driver seat off my car to swap carpet and seat but since the motor blew on it I couldn’t get it off. Tried to remove the seat from rails but getting to all the rear bolts is a sob. Thinking of whipping out the hacksaw since the seats are junk anyways 😡

Reactions: fleming442
Got started on the rear brake refresher. The hardest part was replacing the wheel cylinder and holding the new one and mounting bracket in place while I drilled the holes in the backing plate. Otherwise the process is easy. Still waiting on the aluminum drums to be turned, then I can bleed/adjust/etc and see the difference.

I thought you still used the stock retaining clip and then install the bracket.... 🤔

• Agree
Reactions: fleming442
I thought you still used the stock retaining clip and then install the bracket.... 🤔

Well the issue I ran in to is the bracket was machined a little loosely and the edges in the inside where it meets the cylinder were rounded so I had to file them down some for it to sit flush on the backing plate and around the cylinder. You can see it best in that first picture, where I had to file down some of that edge to have it sit flush. I was under the assumption that the whole point of the bracket was to do away with the need for the push on clip in the back? Im not opposed to using it too, still easy to put it on if its needed but I wasn't sure. My brackets didn't come with instructions either, Im not sure why.

Well the issue I ran in to is the bracket was machined a little loosely and the edges in the inside where it meets the cylinder were rounded so I had to file them down some for it to sit flush on the backing plate and around the cylinder. You can see it best in that first picture, where I had to file down some of that edge to have it sit flush. I was under the assumption that the whole point of the bracket was to do away with the need for the push on clip in the back? Im not opposed to using it too, still easy to put it on if its needed but I wasn't sure. My brackets didn't come with instructions either, Im not sure why.

the bracket is installed to prevent the cylinder from rotating, you still need the retainer. If you are not sure about installing something don't be shy to ask

Reactions: 88AZSS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor