However it was damaged on shipment:
44EF7A03-0CC9-498C-A1DF-92452EFFF333.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well, I F'n fought with the trans dipstick and managed to get it installed and bolted up, but IT WILL NOT CLEAR THE FIREWALL/PASS CYLINDER HEAD!!!! I think this is due to the 1" setback plates. Sooooo, now I get to spend more money on a flexible dipstick(any recommendations), and touch up the firewall where this one scratched the sh*t out of the paint! I had to throw in the towel at 2am, so the trans and engine are just hanging out right now.
20190423_014122.jpg

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Well, I F'n fought with the trans dipstick and managed to get it installed and bolted up, but IT WILL NOT CLEAR THE FIREWALL/PASS CYLINDER HEAD!!!! I think this is due to the 1" setback plates. Sooooo, now I get to spend more money on a flexible dipstick(any recommendations), and touch up the firewall where this one scratched the sh*t out of the paint! I had to throw in the towel at 2am, so the trans and engine are just hanging out right now. View attachment 111928

Well, Lokar pretty much has the market cornered on the aftermarket "flexible" products for shift cables, engine and trans dipsticks, throttle linkages and old school looking shifters. And JEGS offers this universal one for multiple applications.

https://www.jegs.com/p/Lokar/Lokar-...inless-Transmission-Dipsticks/749848/10002/-1

However, I've never actually used their products. The ONLY experience I have personally with their products was the flexible engine oil dipstick that came on my wagon. And the previous owner must have NEVER checked the oil. Because once I pulled it out of the tube to check the level, nothing.... and I mean N O T H I N G... I did would allow it to go back in. It was hanging up on something. I even filed down the dipstick itself and still no go.

I ended up filing it further, right in the "chitcan" and bought a universal aftermarket solid tube.

At least it's chrome. :giggle:

As they say, your mileage may vary.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well, Lokar pretty much has the market cornered on the aftermarket "flexible" products for shift cables, engine and trans dipsticks, throttle linkages and old school looking shifters. And JEGS offers this universal one for multiple applications.

https://www.jegs.com/p/Lokar/Lokar-...inless-Transmission-Dipsticks/749848/10002/-1

However, I've never actually used their products. The ONLY experience I have personally with their products was the flexible engine oil dipstick that came on my wagon. And the previous owner must have NEVER checked the oil. Because once I pulled it out of the tube to check the level, nothing.... and I mean N O T H I N G... I did would allow it to go back in. It was hanging up on something. I even filed down the dipstick itself and still no go.

I ended up filing it further, right in the "chitcan" and bought a universal aftermarket solid tube.

At least it's chrome. :giggle:

As they say, your mileage may vary.
I've used several Lokar lipsticks and they work well for the flexible part...but it's hard to tell if they're accurate or not. I need another throttle cable which has to be a Lokar, but it hurts that a damn dipstick is $100!!!!! The markup has to be ridiculous.....on Ebay one can get a TH350, 400 flexible knockoff brand for $30. Punch in 4l80e and they start around $70ish and supposedly aren't interchangeable with TH400 units.

So, it's either suck it up and shell out for a flexible unit which I really don't wanna do because they SUCK trying to fill, or try later to heat/bend the one I have to try and get the clearance I need. Stupid crap that sets me back!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I took my S-10 A/C line and the end out of the G-Body line and had a hybrid line made at the local parts store. I now have all the physical pieces installed to have air conditioning this summer. Making everything seal, however...

This is something I need to do (from Sanden compressor to gbody lines)......What local parts store set you up?

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Not the prettiest, but should hold the TH400:
FA72E7A7-9052-4ECB-A009-C0062D961EAD.jpeg
A1939F86-A126-4766-955C-172A6D2ED846.jpeg
8048C277-C847-4F81-8B39-F2774A65D3F4.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Got the 87 GN rear delivered Saturday. Spent some time tonight sanding rust. Haven't taken any pics after I finish sanding yet. Got late and 12 hours dont go by as quick as they use to.
Spent about 30 minutes using Emory paper. Just a lil bit at time will get the job done right. The power sander was so much better. Another tool I have to get.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor