What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Do you have stock upper arms? If so they are thicker than the BMR tubular units. I'll go out to the shop in a bit and see where clearance is needed.
They are stock. Also I’m using metaltek mounts which I don’t think has me set back as far as you are. I’ll be swapping to UMI arms soon. On my other cutlass I had Spohn arms and had a ton more clearance.

Reactions: 1 users

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
Finished welding and grinding the hood, put the first skim of filler down. Then sat and stared at the car while drinking a beer trying to figure out what I am going to do with the paint.....then had another beer....then turned off the lights.
267B2426-FE7C-4620-8B13-54DB641305ED.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Wrapped it out in 1st gear, shifted into 2nd, and let off, then 3rd.
And my power steering started working again.

Ah, the ol Italian Tuneup. Never fails.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Finished welding and grinding the hood, put the first skim of filler down. Then sat and stared at the car while drinking a beer trying to figure out what I am going to do with the paint.....then had another beer....then turned off the lights. View attachment 112080

She's looking good, I am a fan of that color. What are you leaning towards?

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
She's looking good, I am a fan of that color. What are you leaning towards?
Thanks. I love the colour as well but it’s in need of some touch ups and a dent fixed on drivers door from some a$$ that broke into it. Tried having paint mixed and both times it didn’t match. Was told because of the pearl. I am kinda leaning towards a satin/semigloss black or if I can get the same dark blue metallic in satin that is the other option.

Reactions: 1 users

Skippy

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2019
BC Canada
Thanks. I love the colour as well but it’s in need of some touch ups and a dent fixed on drivers door from some a$$ that broke into it. Tried having paint mixed and both times it didn’t match. Was told because of the pearl. I am kinda leaning towards a satin/semigloss black or if I can get the same dark blue metallic in satin that is the other option.
Just noticed the color of yours.....that is what I was thinking. That or black.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Just noticed the color of yours.....that is what I was thinking. That or black.

I was going to say a buddy of mine had a Cutty your color and said that mine was pretty close to the flat version of it.

Reactions: 1 user

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
I started to clean up the mess that is my engine bay. This is just with citrus degreaser, microfiber cloths, a plastic bristle brush, and a "bucket-o-towels." She also has new plugs, wires, pcv valve, and air filter. I made and crimped my own battery, starter, and alternator cables- upgraded to 2 AWG and 4 AWG as well. Added a new powermaster 150 amp alternator too- just for good measure.
IMG_20190227_162815743.jpg
IMG_20190424_175721842.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor