What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well over the weekend the Monte officially started its protest of all the attention to the Blazer, I had been letting the very random and just for a second check brake warning go because I wasn't sure how the Dakota's would get that info and figured it was just something to do with the temp sensor ground issue that started this all I believe. Friday night the tail lights were working on and off which I kind of pushed off since the brake lights would always come on. Saturday started with me noticing the gas gauge stayed spiked full for too long. So go add some to make sure i don't run out, once its topped off it spits some onto the bumper which then eats the paint away. Then Sunday on the way to linner I hear the rear left brake is squeaking in weird times. Not as soon as i apply it but after a second or 2 then until I stop. Does the same when I left off and apply again while still rolling. Then i get there and see that on the ridetech gauge the front left says its completely full. Come back out after and it won't go to presets because of that one reading completely full. Have to manually raise it to leave and get home where its gonna sit until probably this weekend.
Did you park too close to a Fiat ? It sounds like a ground problem, like missing a grounding strap, on the electrical problems, and a missing or defective shoe retainer spring on your left rear drum. When you apply the brakes, the shoe tension on the drums stops the noise.

The saga continues. I've got two weeks off (use it or lose it). So i got busy with the G Wagon. Here is a before pic at noon today.

Attachments

• 20200831_124024.jpg
    20200831_124024.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 20200831_124033.jpg
    20200831_124033.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
So, Saturday I pulled the dash back out again because it is too difficult to do an adequate wiring job for the new instrument cluster. I didn't want to, but I have too many connections and wiring additions to make to be working from below and behind. I got a lot done, and I feel that in the end I will be glad that I did it this way.
When I took the cluster out, I added one each, warning light for the oil pressure, and water temp gauges. Wired them to their respective sending units, and did a general wiring simplification/cleanup on the back of the gauge set.
I have a few hours available today to work on it, so I hope to be reinstalling soon so that I can get back on the road.
While I think your addition of the warning lights was a good idea, in general, the only thing that would have perswaded a couple of females, driving my cars ,to pull over before the damage was done, would have been a loud burgler alarm ,wired into the systems ,go off. One ran out of oil , the other, coolant. Excuses both times ''I'm just not in to cars.'' California doesn't have a lock on 'Valley Girls'.

And here we at at dinner time. Front clip removed 305 and trans out. Lt1 & 4l60e dropped in place. Tomorrow I need to yank it back out and clearance the frame for the a/c clutch and swap out one motor mount on the frame. I will also be yanking the a/c box and dash to chase a water leak and run wiring for the pw/pl.
20200831_182605.jpg
20200831_182615.jpg

Put some time in on fabricating the collector to exhaust pipe adaptors for my Monte's exhaust system. Found out that new Magnaflow mufflers would run me around 3 bills! Hit the local CTC and scored a 4 pack of 2.5" exhaust pipe nipples and replaced the end pipes on my current mufflers. Nothing wrong with what i have; they are stainless bodied and just needed a serious buffing to bring them back from the grunge, it was just that the original spigots got cut away during deconstruction so many years ago.

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
And here we at at dinner time. Front clip removed 305 and trans out. Lt1 & 4l60e dropped in place. Tomorrow I need to yank it back out and clearance the frame for the a/c clutch and swap out one motor mount on the frame. I will also be yanking the a/c box and dash to chase a water leak and run wiring for the pw/pl.View attachment 155964View attachment 155965
I thought this only happened on T.V.

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Installed the 355/TKO as a unit. Got it halfway in, ran out of hoist, had to remove front bumper and grille to finish. Then spent time cutting ginormous hole to allow the tko to get in place.
20200831_215456.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor