What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's a hole all right. Don't think you are going to be able to take the panel you removed and seam it back in; maybe scrounge the same section of tunnel from a similar model scrap yard derelict only cut it way oversize and use that as a substitute after doing some trimming?

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
I thought this only happened on T.V.
Don't try this at home boys and girls. Trained professional at work. Lol

Those several hours yesterday were put to good use. Did more tidying up on the harnesses. Finished the harness to the engine gauges and speedo addition, and masked off the wiring plugs and painted the dash, then stripped all of the useful parts from the old dash.
The dash that I am adding was a nice med/dark brown that I think is called Saddle. It would have been a great color for my Caballero, except the rest of the interior is black. Two good coats of dash paint are on, but the can feels like it's got quite a bit left, so I will add more coats until the can is empty.

Did you park too close to a Fiat ? It sounds like a ground problem, like missing a grounding strap, on the electrical problems, and a missing or defective shoe retainer spring on your left rear drum. When you apply the brakes, the shoe tension on the drums stops the noise.

No Fiat's were harmed or encountered on the cruise. Yeah I know the spiked gauges are more than likely that, just weird that its parts of a bunch of stuff and not everything. I don't have drums out back anymore, I have 4 piston calipers in the rear. But that's what is really weird to me, it doesn't make the noise when I first press the brake it happens are a second or 2 of braking and then makes the noise until I completely stop. But if I let off the brake while slowing and then reapply it does the same thing again that it waits a second or 2 before making the noise and then stays constant while applied

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Sorry it's been so long since I've been on. I've been busy with other projects however did manage to take some time to show the car for a bit. Nothing serious. Lots of locals showing off their efforts. There were about 40 cars. We were the only G to show up. Lots of really nice rides there for sure. Fav was a real (and documented) '70 Buick GS Stage 1, four speed. Time to catch up with the rest of the forums. Hope all is well with everyone!
Sycamore's 20200822_170709.jpg

No Fiat's were harmed or encountered on the cruise. Yeah I know the spiked gauges are more than likely that, just weird that its parts of a bunch of stuff and not everything. I don't have drums out back anymore, I have 4 piston calipers in the rear. But that's what is really weird to me, it doesn't make the noise when I first press the brake it happens are a second or 2 of braking and then makes the noise until I completely stop. But if I let off the brake while slowing and then reapply it does the same thing again that it waits a second or 2 before making the noise and then stays constant while applied
The brake squeal reminds me of the old fashioned glazed shoes/pads.

And here we at at dinner time. Front clip removed 305 and trans out. Lt1 & 4l60e dropped in place. Tomorrow I need to yank it back out and clearance the frame for the a/c clutch and swap out one motor mount on the frame. I will also be yanking the a/c box and dash to chase a water leak and run wiring for the pw/pl.View attachment 155964View attachment 155965

There is an LT1 in that picture? 😉

Why it no fit?
The ends of the bar come into contact with my swap arms, granted, mine aren’t exactly straight edge straight. I just wanted to see if I had to do more. And it also contacts the pumpkin without spacers on the mounts.

851292AE-EE04-429A-91FF-2EA19F7EEDD3.jpeg

8C0DB031-D13A-4871-BE40-3F2AAB189D20.jpeg

632B4F09-FC2C-4528-A986-3FC0523468B4.jpeg

I’ve read from a couple of places that a Crown Vic bar should fit, but I‘m not able to go to the yard to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor