What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my Aeromotive pump today from the brown truck. After consulting a couple guys here I got the wiring setup, pump hung and installed into the tank. Leader lines are hooked up....yes they're EFI lines and clamps btw.
20200901_184055.jpg
20200901_190639.jpg

No Fiat's were harmed or encountered on the cruise. Yeah I know the spiked gauges are more than likely that, just weird that its parts of a bunch of stuff and not everything. I don't have drums out back anymore, I have 4 piston calipers in the rear. But that's what is really weird to me, it doesn't make the noise when I first press the brake it happens are a second or 2 of braking and then makes the noise until I completely stop. But if I let off the brake while slowing and then reapply it does the same thing again that it waits a second or 2 before making the noise and then stays constant while applied
I wasn't worried about any Fiats, just a joke about them often becoming sick, and dying soon afterwards. Too soon, sadly, but they continue being spawned over in the mother country. If you have not addressed your brake noise yet, I understand. Who wants to go back to a repair before it's expected ? Sounds kind of like you'd rather 'talk about it' awhile first. lol. So I expect you know what to do next. Inspect the pads and disk on the noisy side with the other side, and find out if the pads are not releasing the same on both sides. It would seem with the multiple pistons there would be more of a chance one is frozen out enough to wear a pad down to it's side warning tab, or glaze harden it.

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Is the grease conductive?, or does it just help to hold everything in a tight position?
No, it's not conductive, which seems counterproductive, but does not have to be. The idea is that the grease prevents corrosion inside the bulb socket. This is especially important after you clean up the corrosion from the socket contacts with a ignition point file or fine sandpaper. The electrical contacts are not compromised IF you insure the contacts have good tension against your 'always new' bulb. Gently bend them out more if necessary for enough tension. If they light, you're good.

I was able today to finally complete the bottom of the Driver side floor pan, Reaching further back for rust treatment is going to be a real challenge.

View attachment 155635View attachment 155636
Here a shot the best I could get anyway of the underside of the Core Support. Cleaned up and Truck bed lined.

View attachment 155634View attachment 155633View attachment 155632

Driver Side floor pan front to back, Surface rust cleaned and sprayed. Time for the Passenger side. :wax:
I bought a pump up garden sprayer from Lowe's. It shoots/sprays on paint, oil, or whatever, depending on the orifice . The wand reaches anywhere.

Now it's time for the REAL fun part 🤣 . Surface Rust Clean Up.

View attachment 155373 View attachment 155374
Core Support got a fresh coat of paint on top after 2 coats of VHT. Battery Tray is now rust free and coated.

View attachment 155371 View attachment 155372

Now for the challenge. I can't for the life of me remember what the protective guard piece I took off underneath is called, but its off and I have wired brushed and sanded all this you see here away, it is Rust treated for protection but I am going to have to get more Truck Bed Coating.

Mostly all I see is surface rust, much of this at least in the front I have gotten too.

I had to go to a mandatory Employee meeting today, thus it cut in to allot of my time I wanted to get started on the underside. I am blessed this surface rust is all I have to deal with. I am aiming to get this done before I send it back to the shop for the stock 350 engine swap in October (Planned Date at the earliest).

Body is slowly getting clear coated. But today the paint is just giving me a fit with so many fixes I have go back and take care of. I stopped to cool down, and go underneath to deal with the rust.
View attachment 155375
If you brush on a coat of Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer, followed by their topcoat, in any color or gloss you want, you won't have to worry about it. O.K., to be honest, it's best to put on two of the prime coats, followed by the finish coat.

I wasn't worried about any Fiats, just a joke about them often becoming sick, and dying soon afterwards. Too soon, sadly, but they continue being spawned over in the mother country. If you have not addressed your brake noise yet, I understand. Who wants to go back to a repair before it's expected ? Sounds kind of like you'd rather 'talk about it' awhile first. lol. So I expect you know what to do next. Inspect the pads and disk on the noisy side with the other side, and find out if the pads are not releasing the same on both sides. It would seem with the multiple pistons there would be more of a chance one is frozen out enough to wear a pad down to it's side warning tab, or glaze harden it.

Yeah gonna try and take a look at it before this weekend, with it being the holiday weekend there are some events going on that I would like to be able to take both cars to. I remember the front having those weird individual pads, I think the rear is just a single pad but only one way to find out. Appreciate the input

I bought a pump up garden sprayer from Lowe's. It shoots/sprays on paint, oil, or whatever, depending on the orifice . The wand reaches anywhere.

Actually now that you mention it, I did buy one of those from Harbor Freight. Definitely came in handy for wet sanding. but the under side is almost complete, the rust wasn't as bad as it could have been, since the car was sitting in the owners shop for almost 14 years all the rust underneath is mostly scrape off Surface stuff. All I have left is spots on the frame and other small areas in the rear, maybe try to get around the Trans housing area that reaches more toward the back above the drive line. That's it really as much of the rust I will get off. Other parts like the Suspension, Steering components etc, I am not worrying about since I am going to replace all that stuff some time next year.

I cleaned and painted the wiper arm black and while the paint was drying I had to change the bulb for right blinker indicator. I don't know other models but with a GP you have to remove the lower cover and drop the steering column to remove the fascia. I'm glad the last time I was working on the cluster I changed all the metric bolts for philips screws which are easy to put in place with a magnetic screw driver.....the bulb was not old but the same brand as the other indicator which was installed at the same time so I changed both.... :popcorn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor