What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I just can't leave stuff alone, I scuffed then painted the gas tank straps and gas cap the same charcoal metallic of the car. Why? Just killin time and the metal flake looks cool!
20200902_173903.jpg
20200902_173908.jpg

I cleaned and painted the wiper arm black and while the paint was drying I had to change the bulb for right blinker indicator. I don't know other models but with a GP you have to remove the lower cover and drop the steering column to remove the fascia. I'm glad the last time I was working on the cluster I changed all the metric bolts for philips screws which are easy to put in place with a magnetic screw driver.....the bulb was not old but the same brand as the other indicator which was installed at the same time so I changed both.... :popcorn:
I really hope you topped off the blinker fluid.

I cleaned and painted the wiper arm black and while the paint was drying I had to change the bulb for right blinker indicator. I don't know other models but with a GP you have to remove the lower cover and drop the steering column to remove the fascia. I'm glad the last time I was working on the cluster I changed all the metric bolts for philips screws which are easy to put in place with a magnetic screw driver.....the bulb was not old but the same brand as the other indicator which was installed at the same time so I changed both.... :popcorn:
It's a lot of small bulbs, but maybe changing all of the instrument cluster bulbs will prevent having to remove the cluster again in the not to distant future, then save the working bulbs for exterior marker lights.

Sat in the garage and watched paint dry. Didn't have motivation for much else. :/ and yes, I'll clean the overstay up before it's assembled.

View attachment 156061
Me too!! Except I am out on the driveway. Got the
20200902_191747.jpg
third coat of dash paint on the new AC dash. The old heat only dash in the background has been stripped of everything useful, and is likely destined for the landfill.

Put the spicy N/A tune in the wagon (7000rpm shifts and 30* of timing) and picked up a couple cans of VP octane booster for the next track day on the bottle (7000rpm shifts and 26* of timing).

Finally got around to diagnosing my wipers/washer. This is the plain Jane setup without pulse. I could get the wipers to go just fine, parked and everything. Couldn’t get the washers to spray. Checked the in-tank tube and cleaned the small filter at the end of it. Ran water through all lines and no blockage. Finally pulled the wiper/washer assembly and checked the wiring with a test light. Bad fuse. Changed fuse and got power to the harness but still no water coming out when everything was hooked up. Took apart the assembly and tested the washer pump with some jumpers to the battery. Dead. Will need to replace and reinstall soon.
21D550A5-2944-4F78-BD7E-7EDD92334BBC.jpeg

4EB7457D-3FB5-4A09-A750-6F45969B7B2C.jpeg

It's a lot of small bulbs, but maybe changing all of the instrument cluster bulbs will prevent having to remove the cluster again in the not to distant future, then save the working bulbs for exterior marker lights.

that is a good idea but for me the indicator lights are needed, the others if they burn out aren't too bad plus these bulbs cost me over $7 for a package of 2... :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor