What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this happened yesterday but took a few minutes to revisit the work I did on the Monte's driver's lower door sill where it wraps up into the quarter panel. The original passes on it were with FCAW and I was not happy at the time but it was an outside job and Flux wire was all I had. So out came the Dremel and off came the paint and the panel got some MIG wire love courtesy of my Miller and some solid core. Looks better and will finish out nicer. The side bar was a trip to the welding bench to repair the guard on my 3" cut off wheel. Snapped away from its locator ring at both sides. Dialed the mig down to 22 ga. and tweaked the heat and speed just a bit and, it worked. Guard is back on the motor. Could have gone renegade and run without but happen to like my hands and fingers just as they are and feel no need to use them as a meat brake for a high speed air driven cutting tool!!

Nick

Make sure your replacement blinker fluid is non-chlorinated and mineral free or it will corrode the contacts on the bulbs.

Nick

Also remember standard blinker fluid for halogen bulbs, synthetic blinker fluid for LED's!

Found that a Holley 4150 has gaskets under the float adjusting screws and that the secondaries need to be open a smidge in order for it to even run an engine.
0D335A66-BDD0-4222-9C82-84BAD8A31F19.jpeg

I also need a center inlet fuel log.

Found that a Holley 4150 has gaskets under the float adjusting screws and that the secondaries need to be open a smidge in order for it to even run an engine.
I'll disagree with that. Or, the cam isn't right for the compression....

I'm saying it's unnecessary.
No, I understood what you meant, I’ve just got this thing messed up more than I thought. It’s leaking from every place that fuel runs, even the float adjusters. It has to go back to the bench no matter how I cut it, though the new fuel cutoffs/adjusters (I know I’m messing up my terminology) from the Trick Kit won’t screw in to the bowls without severe binding. Nothing is cross threaded, but I couldn’t get them to go in more than a turn before they’d just stick in the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor