What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t have the float level high enough :wax:

Need to take it back off and bench set it again.

I'm struggling with my float on my G right now as well but that has its own thread. Trying to get this carb back together. All it took was me parking the wife's ride outside to motivate me. Usually it blocks the work bench where the carb has been scattered since December.

Didn’t have the float level high enough :wax:

Need to take it back off and bench set it again.
Just pull the plugs next to the inlet, set the float til it just dribbles out, then put the plugs back in. It's like filling a diff or manual trans.

Also remember standard blinker fluid for halogen bulbs, synthetic blinker fluid for LED's!
Man the knowledge here is top notch, this is why we say you can't get the info anywhere else

Paint laid out nice. Still a lil tacky. Few areas i'll touch up, but all the areas i wanted to cover are covered. Could have stood to be thinned a tiny bit, but i'm not a paint guy. Brushed on well.
As said, goal is not perfection. Just make it better than it was.
frame6.jpg
frame5.jpg
frame4.jpg

a friend gave me a 5.3 with 80,000 truck motor now have to sell my bigblock stuff so i can put this together if anyone has any ls stuff they like to sell or trade im going carb on this motor

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor