What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of rivnuts did you use? Do you have the special tool?

Happy birthday!
I have on of these good ole HF units. Works well for the price. Thanks btw.
Screenshot_20200909-083301_Chrome.jpg

Happy birthday gentlemen!
Today I received and installed a new pump for my washers.
637B8388-A52A-4500-B815-FD531A26A59A.jpeg

Sprayers work well and mist is even. Install was simple and I took the mounting areas to bare metal before reinstalling the case as that’s where it grounds to. I don’t understand why GM thought grounding to a painted surface was a good idea.
2A070812-0F6C-4AB0-B233-618C46FBB038.jpeg

While testing I found my passenger side wiper doesn’t make contact with the windshield. I found that the arm doesn’t sit right on the mounting knob on the cowl so the small locking part won’t engage and keep the arm at the correct angle. I bent the slider every which way but it would not slide over enough to engage. Adding that to the list of things to fix. Seems like when addressing one thing, two more pop up.

Whattya know, I couldn't leave the Cutlass alone. Installed more rivnuts, mounted the remaining breakers and relays, then had to build a few more 1/0 battery cables. The relay for the new in tank pump is mounted and ready, just need to connect a few wires once the fuel cell is removed.
Not the cleanest install, but everything is protected and separated. I have a short video, but just another chuggity chug idle to check my work. Also, thanks for the birthday wishes guys!
20200909_181534.jpg

Happy birthday gentlemen!
Today I received and installed a new pump for my washers.
View attachment 156790
Sprayers work well and mist is even. Install was simple and I took the mounting areas to bare metal before reinstalling the case as that’s where it grounds to. I don’t understand why GM thought grounding to a painted surface was a good idea.
View attachment 156791
While testing I found my passenger side wiper doesn’t make contact with the windshield. I found that the arm doesn’t sit right on the mounting knob on the cowl so the small locking part won’t engage and keep the arm at the correct angle. I bent the slider every which way but it would not slide over enough to engage. Adding that to the list of things to fix. Seems like when addressing one thing, two more pop up.
gotta get a new arm to fix that issue. any 80s gm car arm should do. and neat. i need a new washer pump as well. mine barely dribbles like a sad old man. no better time to fix it than now, front clip off and all.

gotta get a new arm to fix that issue. any 80s gm car arm should do. and neat. i need a new washer pump as well. mine barely dribbles like a sad old man. no better time to fix it than now, front clip off and all.

I figured as much, I just didnt want to accept that yet. lol
I plan on looking into some wiper arms that have the sprayer attached to them and just run the lines longer if needed and do away with the cowl mounted sprayers. Another mod for another day.

The pump is very inexpensive on RockAuto right now. I think its a warehouse closeout part. With the forums discount and shipping I was only out $10 for it. It was supposed to arrive on 9/14 but I got it 9/8.

Have you checked the nozzles and hoses? I find that they do become clogged. I usually use a piece of thin wire, like welding wire to ream out the spray nozzles and of course try to blow out the washer hoses. Sometimes you'll find them to be easy fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor