What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like you missing the heater valve and the cause of a vacuum leak...

View attachment 156857
That loose vacuum line should go to the hot water valve and will only have vacuum when the climate control set to "a/ c max or recirculate".

nothing until it stops ****ing raining jesustapdancingchrist

Reactions: Northernregal
Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
There should be a skinny purple hose coming from the same place as the white one. One of them goes to the black vacuum ball, which looks to be hooked up OK, and the other goes to the vacuum operated heater shut off, as pontiacgp had said.
Since the AC system is vacuum operated, you will need to plug the loose hose, to get enough vacuum to operate the other valves on the airbox/vents. The missing heater valve is not very expensive, brand new at Dixie Restoration for $26.95. I just received one about two weeks ago with other parts that will go into my Caballero.
I need one of those cooling tubes. Now that I know what to call it, maybe I can find one on line somewhere.

Thank You all, both on this forum and Gbody Garage on FB, Just as you and Pontiacgp suggested that hose goes to the Heater Valve which is missing on the Heater Hose (Red) that someone put in to it. As we speak I just ordered that part and the missing A/C Accumulator w/ tubes from Rock Auto both where very cheap AC Delco parts. When they come in I am going to plug the loose tube into the Heater Valve see how that works. I noticed the A/C on these cars are similar but have a slightly different setup per GM Brand. I wanted a project car, I got one, and fixing someones screw up is going to be apart of that. Thanks to all who have helped me solve the problem. . . Or will when the parts are in 😊. At least the new Blower Motor solved one issue.

Thank You all, both on this forum and Gbody Garage on FB, Just as you and Pontiacgp suggested that hose goes to the Heater Valve which is missing on the Heater Hose (Red) that someone put in to it. As we speak I just ordered that part and the missing A/C Accumulator w/ tubes from Rock Auto both where very cheap AC Delco parts. When they come in I am going to plug the loose tube into the Heater Valve see how that works. I noticed the A/C on these cars are similar but have a slightly different setup per GM Brand. I wanted a project car, I got one, and fixing someones screw up is going to be apart of that. Thanks to all who have helped me solve the problem. . . Or will when the parts are in 😊. At least the new Blower Motor solved one issue.
On the oldest gbody heater control faceplate, I have learned that if you notch the bottom of the switch opening, you can get the "off" setting. Later faceplates are already "off ready", so no need to notch the plate, or cut the wire to add an on/off switch. Sounds like yours is a later version with the "off" setting, even though the marks are not lined up. The one that came with my '81 AC dash is like yours.

saved a tire on my GP and my day...went for gas and found this on the ground a couple of feet in front of my left front tire... :popcorn:

20200911_141430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor