What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Changed the oil; put some of that Engine repair liquid stuff in with the oil along with a touch of Zinc. May not help the problem any but so long as I can start the car get up and down the ramps or turn it around as you see here in the pic then the longer it lasts the better. Just a few more bits here an there to do while I am saving for the SBC 350. The way things are going the new Engine probably won't happen until toward the end of November, Still could be a chance of it happening sooner that will just depend on a few things.

Right now I am awaiting for the new paint I put onto the Taillights to dry, I also re-paint the Plate - Fuel filler area once again except for the top part of it to match the taillights. I'll show you when I get it all together tomorrow.

This was a very $hitty Vacation with the 6" inches of snow we got on Tuesday it's all melted now but the mountain still has some lingering on it's top. . Allot more stuff around the house to get done too. Hopefully it'll stay warm a bit longer. View attachment 157038
15w-40 diesel oil is your friend

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Changed the oil; put some of that Engine repair liquid stuff in with the oil along with a touch of Zinc. May not help the problem any but so long as I can start the car get up and down the ramps or turn it around as you see here in the pic then the longer it lasts the better. Just a few more bits here an there to do while I am saving for the SBC 350. The way things are going the new Engine probably won't happen until toward the end of November, Still could be a chance of it happening sooner that will just depend on a few things.

Right now I am awaiting for the new paint I put onto the Taillights to dry, I also re-paint the Plate - Fuel filler area once again except for the top part of it to match the taillights. I'll show you when I get it all together tomorrow.

This was a very $hitty Vacation with the 6" inches of snow we got on Tuesday it's all melted now but the mountain still has some lingering on it's top. . Allot more stuff around the house to get done too. Hopefully it'll stay warm a bit longer. View attachment 157038
Looking good.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I put a battery mat under the battery, and a battery heat wrap around it yesterday. I came home early because the jobsite that I have been working on shut down early due to the air quality. I know that many of you on the east coast are dealing with remnants of the last hurricane. We are having the worst fire season in recorded history on the west coast, and I am up near Seattle. That all took me about 30 minutes, I wanted to go out and do some things to the car today, but I decided not to argue with my wife, and I remained indoors instead of going outside. The smoke from the wildfires is so thick that I could not see the downtown skyline from 1/4 mile away on my way home from work yesterday.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Saw this up north yesterday Forgot to include it.he was on Netflix's fastest car series, it's something.
20200912_113539.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
put the rear end up to check everything, looked good so I put the front up and I found my oil leak. The oil pan seal is leaking and coating everything behind it with oil. I stuffed some silicone to plug it and I had planned on dropping the pan this winter to change the BB oil pump to a good SB pump so I'll be changing the pan gasket. With the BB pump oil the oil seeps out of around the oil filler cap and it seeps out around of the grommets on the valve covers.... :popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Recently finished installing the Flowtech 11104FLT headers and got Elsie back on the ground. Got creative with routing the plug wires as the fancy Mr.Gasket looms I bought for the job didn't coexist nicely with the header flanges. Made a pair of aluminum plates that are held by the two center bolts of the valve covers and then wire tied some separators that I already had to them (see pics below.) Actually worked out nicely. Now, I gotta get her to the exhaust shop to install some pipes the Spin Tech Super Pro Street mufflers.

IMG_5237-vi.jpg

IMG_5235-vi.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Recently finished installing the Flowtech 11104FLT headers and got Elsie back on the ground. Got creative with routing the plug wires as the fancy Mr.Gasket looms I bought for the job didn't coexist nicely with the header flanges. Made a pair of aluminum plates that are held by the two center bolts of the valve covers and then wire tied some separators that I already had to them (see pics below.) Actually worked out nicely. Now, I gotta get her to the exhaust shop to install some pipes the Spin Tech Super Pro Street mufflers.

IMG_5237-vi.jpg

IMG_5235-vi.jpg
Nice work! Ya know MBS is right around the corner, right? Or, did they fold up? 3" for the win!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor