What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have been having issues with the Fast efi system. It was doing some strange things and I was making adjustments to try to compensate but now for the few last days it would dump fuel under acceleration causing a bog. So last nite I reset everthing and for the engine size I put in a 350 instead of the 355 I had in there before. I took it for a nice drive today and it seems like the system was confused by the last digit being a 5 instead of a 0 because it is running alot better and I have left all the default settings. I was getting ready to dump this Fast system and go with the Holley efi this winter..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Clicked off about 100 miles with my boy Charlie today.hes got a super sleeper tri five wagon.killer weather for it too.
20200912_141931.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack,we wound up further and further north than planned it was so nice out.
I don't blame you. The weather looked conducive for a nice drive. :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I don't blame you. The weather looked conducive for a nice drive. :cool:
Agreed. Unfortunately, reality was changing plugs and wires in the Tahoe. Really need a G body that both runs AND drives

Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Changed the oil; put some of that Engine repair liquid stuff in with the oil along with a touch of Zinc. May not help the problem any but so long as I can start the car get up and down the ramps or turn it around as you see here in the pic then the longer it lasts the better. Just a few more bits here an there to do while I am saving for the SBC 350. The way things are going the new Engine probably won't happen until toward the end of November, Still could be a chance of it happening sooner that will just depend on a few things.

Right now I am awaiting for the new paint I put onto the Taillights to dry, I also re-paint the Plate - Fuel filler area once again except for the top part of it to match the taillights. I'll show you when I get it all together tomorrow.

This was a very $hitty Vacation with the 6" inches of snow we got on Tuesday it's all melted now but the mountain still has some lingering on it's top. . Allot more stuff around the house to get done too. Hopefully it'll stay warm a bit longer.
20200912_190504.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor