What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Reinstalled the gas tank, a new sending unit, and all new rubber lines, plus an oil change. The car moved under its own power today!

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I finally wired the memory for my stereo to the positive side of my cut off switch in the Regal so I can finally set stuff without clearing it every time I turn it off.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I finally wired the memory for my stereo to the positive side of my cut off switch in the Regal so I can finally set stuff without clearing it every time I turn it off.
If you have a clock in the dash, you can do the same for it also.
I don't remember who,but someone posted a pic a few days ago of an old style hi/lo beam switch. I used one of those on an old VW Beetle as a kill/cutoff switch. The only thing on the positive side was the clock.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
What I did today, I finished my AC dash conversion. The car drives, I took it to the gas station and filled it up, plan on driving it to work tomorrow.
Now I need to finish the under hood installation of the compressor, condenser, hoses, etc., then get everything flushed clean, and charged.

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you have a clock in the dash, you can do the same for it also.
I don't remember who,but someone posted a pic a few days ago of an old style hi/lo beam switch. I used one of those on an old VW Beetle as a kill/cutoff switch. The only thing on the positive side was the clock.
Thanks, but it's a 125 amp manual cut off switch I mounted under the hood for security and I also added hood locks to the steel hood.
My Regal is an 86' and I think the clocks are all in the stereos for the 1,5 din cars.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Saturday: Got the old ac box out, new ac box in. Drilled a hole in the frame for the body mount using some 3/8-16 all thread threaded in the front two (on the body, under the a pillars) and rear 2 (just behind the bumper) body nuts to roughly line it up. Then I stuck all 4 in all 4 trunk locations and yep, my patches are close enough to work.

Sunday: Ospho'd the rusty spots on the body, painted the body channels where the frame resides.
box1.jpg
box2.jpg
box3.jpg
box4.jpg
frame7.jpg
trunkmount.jpg
frame8.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I installed an Astro steering shaft. Nice simple upgrade and it allowed me to finally clock the wheel in the correct position.
Then I decided I had enough of foam raining on me from the headliner. I pulled the liner out and took a brass brush to it and cleaned it off.

The 2 corners where the sun visors attach were broken on the backing board. What would you guys reccomend to reattach. I was thinking some HVAC tin tape should work, but I am open to less janky suggestions.

Attachments

• 20200905_185323.jpg
    20200905_185323.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • 20200905_185215.jpg
    20200905_185215.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • 20200905_211711.jpg
    20200905_211711.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Saturday: Got the old ac box out, new ac box in. Drilled a hole in the frame for the body mount using some 3/8-16 all thread threaded in the front two (on the body, under the a pillars) and rear 2 (just behind the bumper) body nuts to roughly line it up. Then I stuck all 4 in all 4 trunk locations and yep, my patches are close enough to work.

Sunday: Ospho'd the rusty spots on the body, painted the body channels where the frame resides.

are you planning on putting 28's on the Buick?....... :popcorn:

frame8-jpg.157195

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I installed an Astro steering shaft. Nice simple upgrade and it allowed me to finally clock the wheel in the correct position.
Then I decided I had enough of foam raining on me from the headliner. I pulled the liner out and took a brass brush to it and cleaned it off.

The 2 corners where the sun visors attach were broken on the backing board. What would you guys reccomend to reattach. I was thinking some HVAC tin tape should work, but I am open to less janky suggestions.
You can use foil duct tape in some areas, but I recommend doing the repairs with fiberglass cloth or matting and polyester resin. That's your best bet.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor