What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a while since I posted anything. But I started taking the car back apart about a week or so ago. Today I drained and pulled the radiator, removed steering shaft, disconnected the wire harness, and some of this and that. Only to start the process of lifting the frame off the body. If I only knew them when I got the car compared to what I know now. I would have been done by now.

Reactions: 6 users
Drove it to pick my kids up, started friggin raining while sitting at the inlaws 😡!!!! Got it dried off, picked the wife up at repair shop (dropped off for some fixins), then went to the store, then drive thru (had to shut down due to it being loud lol), then back home.
I have to get the idle speed figured out with warm engine. It revs high, then settles, then revs high, and repeat. Looked great in the sun and nice glamor shot of the dash...
20201001_182054.jpg

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 18 users
Sealed up the top half of the box. Finished wiring. Looks messier than it is. One step closer to driving again for 5 minutes before winter rips us a new *******. I got $20 on a snow hurricane.

Still gotta paint the box, it is very faded. Not crispy like old GM plastic, but just grey.
box5.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Maybe get pics of as much as you can for the new resources thread, just a thought.
made it a resource, awaiting approval. not the best pics out there, but they'll help someone.

Reactions: 9 users
Dropped the kid off at school, drove it to work!

BBBF3CF9-E64E-4C06-975C-1CB6B8E699A5.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users
Wire wheeled my blazer backing plates and spindles. Hope to get them top coated soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Had some custom center cap decals made, I liked this logo, but would have to be really small to fit -
A31BBF45-D093-4992-98AD-13349F044B64.jpeg

So I went with this :
EB57A3EB-160A-47CF-BE03-4A07E4447607.jpeg

I love it!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I took a long drive playing with the settings on my %#@$%^^ Fast efi. I knew it was looking for more gas at idle with the IAC count rising after idling for a while and if I did not feather the pedal it would stall. I know it was looking for fuel but I had the A/F setting at 13.5:1 at idle so it should have had plenty of fuel. The A/F readings on the Fast don't really help much cause it doesn't change to mirror with any changes made to the A/F targets. I set the idle A/F to 13:1 and that should give me the smell of running rich like it would with the quadrajet I build. Well to my surprise it is not running rich and running better than it ever has so with system I have to forget about setting this system up using any knowledge I have regarding A/F settings randomly pick settings.... :popcorn:

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I took a long drive playing with the settings on my %#@$%^^ Fast efi. I knew it was looking for more gas at idle with the IAC count rising after idling for a while and if I did not feather the pedal it would stall. I know it was looking for fuel but I had the A/F setting at 13.5:1 at idle so it should have had plenty of fuel. The A/F readings on the Fast don't really help much cause it doesn't change to mirror with any changes made to the A/F targets. I set the idle A/F to 13:1 and that should give me the smell of running rich like it would with the quadrajet I build. Well to my surprise it is not running rich and running better than it ever has so with system I have to forget about setting this system up using any knowledge I have regarding A/F settings randomly pick settings.... :popcorn:
Remind me not to buy one of those

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor