What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Yeah, but in 2020 when they brag about having next day shipping, being able to buy things with a click of a button, they should actually have parts in stock that they say they do. There's no excuse for any down time anymore. It's not right for them, or anyone to take money and basically leave it up to chance as to whether or not you'll get your parts. I bought it with the notion it would ship in 2 days as per their site. since then every day it gets longer and longer ship-by-date on their site. It's now up to march 2nd of the ship-by-date on their site. No email. No tracking number. Nothing.
and their new site is terrible.
Call Summit, cancel the order for your cam and order straight from Crower, or someone else who has the part in stock.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Few day old pic, but shortblock. I was gonna put the heads on it, but I want to wait until i have the cam. the cam in the engine rn is a baby .439/110lsa i got for free with the engine. used it for mockup. and no, #8 is not at tdc. They're .0945 to .0952 in the hole, the 4 i measured anyway with my digital calipers. probs gonna get one of them depth gauges specifically for this to be as accurate aspossible. But as measured it comes out to 9.69:1. Perfect.
shortblock.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Gave the Pig a bath. We've had an @$$load of rain, but the temps have been mild here in the mid-Atlantic (50ish today). Come spring, I need to do a heater core, radiator, and coolant flush. This no heat crap is getting old. It still rolls out, though. Had some douche in a Tesla try to race off a light Saturday; I ain't stoopid! I let him have his moment of glory, then dropped the hammer and blew by him at about 110 as he slowed down to take a left turn. I'm sure the brick-like aero of the Bonneville rocked his shizzle. That's whassup.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I test drove it, again! The changes I made helped, but I found it to be a quart or so low on fluid. I forget I have an extra deep pan. Don't have any fluid here so gotta pick some up next time I'm out, and need to do more tuning per the LS tuning wizard. It was low on PS fluid too so I topped that off. Getting better, and the girls love it so that makes it better!!!!
20200217_170112.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I dove deep into HP tuners again this evening. I properly did a segment swap to ensure the 4L80E base tune was loaded, then transferred all the custom stuff over from that wild yella wagon which is very similar in specs to the Cutlass.
The tune has been flashed and ready to roll, I hope. We have an appraiser coming tomorrow since we're doing a refi on the house....rates have dropped and we wanna save $$$$. Point being is I'll have to move the Cutlass for the appraiser to access the attic.

Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm taking a quick break from stripping adhesive from the lower door panels! This stuff is original and tough as nails! It took some experimenting, but turns out goo gone is the magic stuff for this job!
I need to get these panels cleaned up, and dropped off at the upholstery shop Monday so custom insert panels can be made. Once back I'll paint the panels. View attachment 136228 View attachment 136229

I'm excited to see what you came up with

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
At it again, had to move the Cutlass for the appraiser. New tune...ole girl fired right off like a champ! I have a short video, not gonna post it unless warranted. Check engine light is off which is a big deal since the previous codes were all trans related. The LS tuning wizard worked his magic yet again!
Btw, who are y'all using for classic car insurance. My normal company got me a quote through Hagerty and it seemed high, but maybe I'm just off.
Also, been working with a designer at Spectre on an intake setup. Nothing wild, but ordered some parts for it too.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor