• IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well, actually over the last couple days but been busy. Being that I clearanced the radio bezel for gauges, there isn't anything for the gauges to fasten too. I tried making a "backer" piece of some thin sheetmetal my neighbor had on hand, but it ended up being too flimsy. So I ripped down the old cluster I made that is thicker aluminum to fit the backside of the radio bezel. The neighbor let me borrow his cordless shears which is awesome!
Yesterday I laid down a bead of fast setting epoxy, held it tight and bam! The two are now one. I have some other stuff to do before final finishing, I'll update as needed.
20200103_165915.jpg
20200103_171403.jpg
20200103_171423.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got my UMI rear shock brace in this morning (after it left Philipsburg, pa to Duncansville, Pa, then to Zelienople, Pa, back to Duncansville again to be put on the Fed Up delivery truck :doh:). Just put it on. I'd suggest having 1" bolts for the install with just shocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got my UMI rear shock brace in this morning (after it left Philipsburg, pa to Duncansville, Pa, then to Zelienople, Pa, back to Duncansville again to be put on the Fed Up delivery truck :doh:). Just put it on. I'd suggest having 1" bolts for the install with just shocks.
Glad you mentioned the bolt length, I forgot to mention it when I installed mine. I had the factory bolts and there wasn't much threads engaged, I swapped them for 1" bolts.

Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
IMG_20200104_152246521.jpg

Down on the floor,
Sitting on all four!

Swapped the UCA'S, installed the 5662's, and tightened the front end!

Now on to the next!

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Glad you mentioned the bolt length, I forgot to mention it when I installed mine. I had the factory bolts and there wasn't much threads engaged, I swapped them for 1" bolts.
I was thinking the ones I had in were just long enough & picked up four new 1" long ones to be safe which was a good call. They did include 3/8" long bolts but they were ment for being used with coil overs. FYI, no body on the frame makes it a less than 5 minute job.

Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
View attachment 132668

Down on the floor,
Sitting on all four!

Swapped the UCA'S, installed the 5662's, and tightened the front end!

Now on to the next!

Shouldn't be tightened until car is fully assembled and suspension loaded.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I just have all the bolt tighten enough to keep the suspension on the frame. I personnally will be waiting untill the complete body in on the frame to torque everything to spec. I even have wire tags on it reminding me if I forget.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I just have all the bolt tighten enough to keep the suspension on the frame. I personnally will be waiting untill the complete body in on the frame to torque everything to spec. I even have wire tags on it reminding me if I forget.

I should put one on my diff... don't want to launch the driveshaft.

Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

Only tightened past snug. Enough to not come loose while finishing the rest! It will need a final once over when close to finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor