What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming rod bolts failed, rod hit cam, broke cam, cam piece was pushed back (rear cam plug is gone, rear bearing mangled, plus the flexplate damage), flexplate hitting the cam piece was forced back into the engine contacting the other rods (there is at least 2 in the pan, shattered piston pieces as well) and it all went to hell from there.

At what rpm? Are you expecting better results from the new engine?

Started running fuel line. Ran the hard line through the front frame.

Found if I ran a metal fish from the front to the back ( out that little f'n hole in the frame ). I could put the fish through my hard line and hook it to the far end of the pipe. I could then pull the pipe through without risking loosing it from the pipe.

Finished hard line to the rear and hooked up the tank. Check for leaks tommorow.

Assuming rod bolts failed, rod hit cam, broke cam, cam piece was pushed back (rear cam plug is gone, rear bearing mangled, plus the flexplate damage), flexplate hitting the cam piece was forced back into the engine contacting the other rods (there is at least 2 in the pan, shattered piston pieces as well) and it all went to hell from there.

I'm wondering how the engine still ran when the distributor stopped turning with the broken cam

Got the wideband and temp gauges wired up. I checked them for power and good to go. They'll get unplugged as I need to finish the radio wiring (years of throwing those wires around finally bit me in the butt! Also, because OCD, the blue LED's in the new gauges are brighter than the other gauges, sooooo it looks like I'm buying more blue Sylvania LED's 😡.
20200310_205101.jpg
20200310_205325.jpg

I forgot about that....I have too much on my mind waiting on the envelopes filled with virus plagued cash to arrive... :popcorn:
Hold your breath; they're coming. Just wait....

At what rpm? Are you expecting better results from the new engine?
~2700rpm. Happened on my drive home on the highway just as I got to the exit ramp. I'm fully expecting this one to not explode.

Reactions: 500/600
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor