What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
those welds made me crave :popcorn:

keep working at it and watch some welding videos, you'll catch on with practice to lay a nice bead. Get yourself some metal to practice on and it won't take you long to figure it out.....:)
A lot of the issue was finding a good ground. Damn tempted to tack a bolt to the body and use that.

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
those welds made me crave :popcorn:

keep working at it and watch some welding videos, you'll catch on with practice to lay a nice bead. Get yourself some metal to practice on and it won't take you long to figure it out.....:)
That actually looks like the welder isn't getting enough amperage from the outlet. Mine did the same crap unless I shut all my garage lights off, since I only have one 20 amp circuit running to the garage. I run my welder off a generator now, so I don't have to deal with it anymore, but that may be part of the issue. Also, most extension cords are a no-no for welders too.

Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also cut this out of the driver's rear wheel well. Gonna need to cut more. Odd seeing it on the non drive wheel (as it was for the car's first 33 years) side. Passenger's side is minty fresh.
However the driver's side rear 1/4 was replaced at some point and that part of the trunk leaks so that partly explains it.
20200805_204751.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
A lot of the issue was finding a good ground. Damn tempted to tack a bolt to the body and use that.
I do that all the time. Just tack the bolt on and when done knock it off with a hammer. Grind the tack off. If you ever need help all you have to do is ask.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

the welds still look cold, the material has no heat discolorations which you need to have penetration

convexcoldlackoffusion2.jpg

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
turn the heat up.make sure the extension cord you're using isn't too long,that has an effect on things too.

• Agree

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Replaced my old tired air shocks with Bilsteins today. Can't wait to see how they ride. PS My car sat about an 1.5" to low and these brought it up to the prefect height. Oh and yes they did not hold air at all lol.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
turn the heat up.make sure the extension cord you're using isn't too long,that has an effect on things too.
If you are using an extension, which I imagine you are to get out in the driveway, get the biggest, thickest one you can find. If you're feeling adventurous, just tap that b*tch off the pole out front!

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor