What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 175554View attachment 175555
It's temporary, but from 20-30' squinting and tilting your head it turned out okay. I learned alot as this was my first my wrap job but I had to cover up the hideous paint job someone gave it.

Looks like it turned out decent. I personally wouldn't even attempt to wrap anything. I've done some vinyl lettering on doors and signs and I'm terrible at it.

Luckily my wife works at a graphics shop and has lots of experience with vinyl... I'm just going to be an extra set of hands, if the stress doesn't get to me. Lmao

Reactions: melloelky
Looks like it turned out decent. I personally wouldn't even attempt to wrap anything. I've done some vinyl lettering on doors and signs and I'm terrible at it.

Luckily my wife works at a graphics shop and has lots of experience with vinyl... I'm just going to be an extra set of hands, if the stress doesn't get to me. Lmao
And that's how you wound up with a hot pink and purple car because the wife, who was doing the work, thought it "looked prettier."

😉

Got a deal on some almost new Cooper Cobras mounted on Olds "Aluminum-styled" rims. Gone are the flat spotted, cracking BFGs on super stock rims. Rides and looks better.

Attachments

• super stock.jpg
    super stock.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 88
  • aluminim styled.jpg
    aluminim styled.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 93
I can't catch a break with the Monte, apparently while my fat fingers were trying to get to the pesky brown wire to tap for the illumination on the head units that I still didn't get around to trying to make work yet I unplugged one of the wires ran to the fuse box. Lucky me it was the wires for the new electric fans which then I didn't see going out to a car show until it was too late and she was already overheated. Pulled over and let the old coolant fly since it was shooting most of it out the overflow anyways to cool her down, threw some water to her and timed it to get the next light and worked out to be the next few on the way to the car show and she ran cool enough to get there and let it sit. Ended up being very glad I went cause there was a ton of scenery at the Mineral Beach cruise
Didn't figure it out until the following morning about the wire since I had called my buddy when it overheated and said both fans were running but not. I checked all the wiring, fuses, and anything I could think of for it and all seemed good. Quick plug into the right spot and she was back lucky for me because I drove her the rest of the weekend to a scenery filled weekend of car shows. Man I love this time of year and glad that things are starting to get closer to normal (for now)
IMG_20210517_093322_636.jpg
IMG_20210517_093414_319.jpg
20210516_114441.jpg

Decided to finally install the used set of heads I had laying around only to discover my crank had a ton of endplay. Pulled the motor and trans to diagnose and figure out what is causing this mess. One of the trans cooler lines had a pretty hard kink in it, so new braided lines are in the mail. Torque converter looks good so probably didn't balloon, but I need to check the pilot hub to crank inference. Looks like I will need a new crank, anyone have a good recommendation for a stock replacement? Oh well guess its is a good time to do a deep cleaning on the engine bay and clean up some of my wiring.
IMG-1836.jpgIMG-1844.jpgIMG-1847.jpg

Decided to finally install the used set of heads I had laying around only to discover my crank had a ton of endplay. Pulled the motor and trans to diagnose and figure out what is causing this mess. One of the trans cooler lines had a pretty hard kink in it, so new braided lines are in the mail. Torque converter looks good so probably didn't balloon, but I need to check the pilot hub to crank inference. Looks like I will need a new crank, anyone have a good recommendation for a stock replacement? Oh well guess its is a good time to do a deep cleaning on the engine bay and clean up some of my wiring.
View attachment 175627View attachment 175628View attachment 175629
been there,sucks.tell us more about the motor does it have any forged goodies in there now? what's the end game with it?

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor