Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
In my experience, bushes are out these days. Heck, there isn't even really lawns with grass on the field.

Generally speaking, if there's anything, it's more like a putting green surface...

Agreed.

Click bait.

He puts that on a pay site there's gonna be some unhappy customers....
I hear and have seen that the bush is making comeback, it has its time and place but not really my cup of tea

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I hear and have seen that the bush is making comeback, it has its time and place but not really my cup of tea
My guess is they're a holdover from pandemic isolation and quarantine, like carrying a few extra pounds. Probably going to go away.

Landscaping and curb appeal have their place.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
My guess is they're a holdover from pandemic isolation and quarantine, like carrying a few extra pounds. Probably going to go away.

Landscaping and curb appeal have their place.
It started before the pandemic, i very much agree they do but think they are making the loop in history with the no bra trends comes
nerds GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Installed new valve cover gaskets and exhaust manifold gaskets. Blew out the old exhaust gasket, I'll attach a picture. Have not blown one out quite like that before.

Absolutely hate the lack of space to get the backside number 8 header bolt. It's barely snug.. I can't get any leverage. The LS swap cannot happen soon enough.

Been parked for 2 weeks. After I got done replacing all of that today, the battery was completely dead... So it's currently on the charger. We shall see how she sounds when she fires up...
IMG_20210711_092503.jpg

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Installed new valve cover gaskets and exhaust manifold gaskets. Blew out the old exhaust gasket, I'll attach a picture. Have not blown one out quite like that before.

Absolutely hate the lack of space to get the backside number 8 header bolt. It's barely snug.. I can't get any leverage. The LS swap cannot happen soon enough.

Been parked for 2 weeks. After I got done replacing all of that today, the battery was completely dead... So it's currently on the charger. We shall see how she sounds when she fires up... View attachment 179551
Glad the problem was only a gasket, better than the alternative.
I used to have (lost, or misplaced it) a wrench that was shortened because the box end broke. It was great for tight places.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Went thru the parking & side markers to clean up the best pairs. Saw I have more driver side parking & front side markers, got the "best" pairs cleaned up a little, noitced I need a better set of rears as the raised edges are chipped off in the rear edges.

Reactions: 3 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Glad the problem was only a gasket, better than the alternative.
I used to have (lost, or misplaced it) a wrench that was shortened because the box end broke. It was great for tight places.
But... Because that bolt can't be tightened down, it's still leaking. With the hood shut I can't hear it, but I know it's there. Took it on a rip around the block, she is okay. Guess the motivation to get this LS going now has another reason... Lack of exhaust leaks. This SBC was in the car when I bought it, who the hell knows what these headers went to, but they work aside from the fact of being unable to get to places on them. One of the spark plugs boots has seen better days, but it's because it's trapped between the head and the #4&#6 primaries. Can't even get the #6 plug out with the headers on.

Can't wait to yank all of this crap apart and out and get it all cleaned up so I can do a swap the correct way and not hacked together like this one was. I fixed alot of issues along the way but without pulling it all out to correct some things, it's not worth it since the LS is already on the stand, just needs pulled down, gone through, reassembled and then put into the car. But with the LS swap comes alot of other necessary upgrades. (fuel, electrical, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor