What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It's almost like the caveman days when some guy tied a bone to a stick and "walla" a new tool was born. Nice thinking. Work smarter.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
GTO problems too huh?

Well, you're pushing it now. OK then. $100 plus the pizza for the Monte and the GTO. No clue what I'd do with the GTO.
Discovery Channel Reaction GIF by Discovery

Man you push quite the deal......
That tach connection doesn't look all that spiffy either. Think the real problem is those Green Spark Plug wires!! I know they match the rims, well sort of, but green as it pertains to cars is not all that confidence inspiring...didja happen to install them on Friday the 13th??
Gonna play with the fuel side today, hoping maybe clogged inline or possible pump issues since it sounds like it is pushing air when the car primes. But I do have another connector to replace the other which I may do. Hahaha yeah but they are good heavy duty wires

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Discovery Channel Reaction GIF by Discovery

Man you push quite the deal......
It's the 'I'm doing it to help ya out' package...

Now, if I was serious and had a need for them I'd be throwing in a 6 pack of beer to celebrate the problems being gone, and, a handle of hard stuff to drown any downstream regrets you encountered.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
It's the 'I'm doing it to help ya out' package...

Now, if I was serious and had a need for them I'd be throwing in a 6 pack of beer to celebrate the problems being gone, and, a handle of hard stuff to drown any downstream regrets you encountered.
him being in pittsburgh dictates a GOOD beer, not schlock

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
him being in pittsburgh dictates a GOOD beer, not schlock
Goes without saying. It's a celebration 6 pack after all. Not an occasion for piss water

EduardoS92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2022
Finally started putting on the new weather stripping on the doors, need some adhesive remover and should be cruisin this weekend :p

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Barked up the compressor, dug out my 4.5 angle grinder and Cousin Dremel and proceeded by stages to rough out, shape, and finish sand all the welds that I had laid on the lower door skin edge to rebuild and reshape it. Still have a few more spots to lay some Mig Wire Love on but they may have to wait until I can get over to the Supply shop and pick up another tank of gas. This one is down to around 250-300 psi so about 200 and change left before "empty" occurs. A few coats of primer/filler and it actually might look almost acceptable.

Oh, yeah, the drain valve on the compressor tank fractured and blew away when I went to open it to drain the tank down. (See what did you do to your shop today)
Not good for the compressor, Eh Nick ............

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
And I thought I was the only one that did that, Nick. I'm building a new dash for my '83 Cutlass Pro Street car. My wife just shakes her head after looking at all the spaghetti (wires) hanging from the steering column and the firewall block. As of today, with the exception of headlites and the rear "third" lite, almost done. Then on to figure out how to "hang" them under the dash. Then on to bodywork and paint.

Attachments

• new dash brd 1.jpg
    new dash brd 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • new dash brd 3.jpg
    new dash brd 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • new dash brd 4.jpg
    new dash brd 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • new paint 2 5-19-2022.jpg
    new paint 2 5-19-2022.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • new paint 5-19-2022.jpg
    new paint 5-19-2022.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor