What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people aren’t going like it but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I plan to paint the car white soon. So I think with the tired looking bay and the clean white engine/trans with black accessories it is going to look nice.
IMG_3798.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3809.jpeg

A white engine is definately out of the norm however, you will be able to see a leak if one was to develop. But more importantly, it's your car and you build it the way you want and what makes you happy. That what I do.

A white engine is definately out of the norm however, you will be able to see a leak if one was to develop. But more importantly, it's your car and you build it the way you want and what makes you happy. That what I do.
if you think white is out of the norm you should see the one I painted 30 yrs ago....red, white, and blue... what was I thinking... :drool:

Reactions: Ugly1
Didn’t get much done yesterday. Today will also be a wash. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get more done. I really want to try and have the motor and trans in tomorrow so I can measure and order the drive shaft. Got the balancer installed and cleaned under the body some. I want to order some heat insulation for under the floor. This car has always really bad heat transfer into the cab.
IMG_3830.jpeg

Finally got my rear suspension done and slapped back together. Got UMI lower arms, MOOG bushings and A Body springs, KYB shocks, no name adjustable upper arms, and new nuts and bolts from Ace Hardware for most of it. Shout out to SS_Malibu for the spacers for the upper arms. The A body arms brought the back down about an inch which was nice. Everything feels great and no more bouncy corners.

Don’t mind the cut off exhaust, got rid of all the old stuff back there to make room and will be redoing the exhaust setup soon. Glad to have it back on the road.
View attachment IMG_6357.jpeg
View attachment IMG_6364.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6359.jpeg

View attachment IMG_6362.jpeg

Dec3rd im
still doing the body work but getting to final prep time soon.whole car in epoxy primer.dont know exactly how or what but have several colors to use so likely to get some color befor december:...still going over corner :you can't tell anything but I can. It's not that awful when you get the majority

Attachments

• 20231203_151646.jpg
    20231203_151646.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231203_162719.jpg
    20231203_162719.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Got a lot done today.
Installed the converter and mated the 4l80.
Dropped the motor/trans in.
Got the accessories installed. I really wanted to paint them but the event is in 5 days so I have no time. 😅 I really like how it looks compared to the old truck brackets.
Also got the headers back on.

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor