What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the majority of the swap done on Saturday with my 2 buddies, still waiting on the fuel regulator from Edlebrock and have a to get a coil as well for the setup. Have a couple of wires to do for the fans and other misc stuff to order. So hoping she will fire on Saturday when we get back at it.
20231202_133004.jpg
20231202_142411.jpg
20231202_142239.jpg
20231202_132046.jpg
20231202_130934.jpg
20231202_131928.jpg
20231202_131919.jpg
20231202_125942.jpg
20231202_122315.jpg
20231202_121026.jpg
20231202_114046.jpg
20231202_101013.jpg
20231202_091842.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I sure do like the way that Pro-Flo XT looks. It reminds me of the IROC TPI unit, which I also like.

Reactions: 1 user
Any particular reason you chose the ProFlo-XT over the ProFlo-4 carb style arrangement?
Honestly if I was going to spend this much figured I would get the one that I like the look of much better and probably pick up a little extra power from it

Reactions: 3 users
Ended up redoing the wire that connects the sniper to the laptop so when I sell everything I can get rid of it all
20231206_140226.jpg
20231206_142818.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
A few weeks ago I did another cheapola brush paint job on the Bonnewagon. It was looking pretty sad so this time I added a product called Penetrol. I remember it from boat painting yet my marine store did not carry it anymore. My local paint store did. It aids flow-ability, delays drying time, adds gloss, and resists UV damage for long lasting durability. It is basically linseed oil which old timers will remember from pre-synthetic paints. The Interlux Brightside Polyurethane boat paint I use is pretty good stuff to begin with. The Penetrol really added some gloss as the pic will show. I will protect it even more with a full size cover, topped with a tarp, since I don't use it much in the winter anymore. But that precludes me from using the solar charger on the dash to keep the battery healthy. I decided to use a NOCO on-board charger/maintainer similar to what I use at the boat slip. Once charged, it goes into maintenance mode to keep the battery topped off. On the inner fender there are some plastic pillars for mounting something emissions/diagnostic related that is long gone. I re-positioned the plastic nut-inserts to align with the NOCO mount and they happened to line up perfectly. Now the charger is mounted on the inner fender, an extension cord runs out the bottom of the engine compartment, and gets plugged in to my garage outlet. EZPZ. IMG_0730_02.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0732.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
That looks good, Mark.
It reminds me of my dad painting parts of his '62 Chevy Belair with a brush. I must say it came out pretty good. The paint flowed out nicely.
I have heard of Penetrol years back. From what I recall, It was used in painting and varnishing old wooden boats. It helped the paint flow out.
I also recall painting my first car with Interlux enamel. It was sprayed on and looked pretty good from 8'-10' away. I don't think Polyurethane enamel was available from Interlux back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Jack- yes, that Interlux is good stuff. I used to have a 1976 LeMans that was ugly as 'ell so I sprayed it with the Blu-Glo White. It looked great, but did not last very long. I attribute that to my idiot wife and kids [destroyers of all things mechanical]. The labor involved in spraying was intense, and since the Bonnewagon is outdoors, I just brush paint it. I can do the whole thing in about 3 or 4 hours. It's a working wagon and not seeing any car shows so no one to impress. I actually think the brushed paint lasts longer. After two coats the mils are much more than spraying will ever attain. The best part is scratches and rust spots are easily dealt with.

Reactions: 1 users
Mark,
I'm sure once the paint cures it could probably be color sanded and buffed. However, I think it looks great as it it. Like you said, it's a working wagon. My car had been a daily driver and working wagon for many years until I took it off the road. It's seen a few NY winters before finding it's way down here in Flora-duh.
I recall back in the late 60's, early 70's, I used to help my dad do house painting, mostly interior work. I painted a customers kitchen cabinets with Interlux paint. They came out very nice and lasted for many years. I impressed myself. :p

I like your battery tender idea. I guess the car cover renders the solar panel useless?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor