What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex W. Bilbrey <[email protected]>​

Fri, Nov 17, 4:33 PM
to me
Mr. McLellan,

I understand that you are in a very unfortunate situation and I sincerely appreciate you reaching out to our technician to inform us of this incident.

We did receive the suspect 550-511 Sniper unit and engineering’s testing procedure found it to be in good working order and no problems were found.

Unfortunately, with the unit testing good we do not feel this was the cause of the engine failure and will deny this claim.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns or if we can be of any further assistance. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business with Holley.

Thank you,
Alex Bilbrey
Quality Coordinator

Holley Performance Products

Schaaf Inc <[email protected]>​

Mon, Nov 20, 3:42 PM
to Alex
Hello Alex,
Could you share with me what the testing procedure consists of? I would assume that it is on a test bench which keeps the RF issues that are very prevalent and problematic to your system out of it. I made multiple purchases of your products being told that it would solve RF problems which it did not, the videos very clearly showed there were large amounts of RF affecting your unit which were supposed to be resolved by purchasing the CD Box and Hyperspark distributor. While troubleshooting we changed multiple grounds, used aluminum foil, and ruled out all external interference from electric fans or alternator so it is not something coming from the car.

Schaaf Inc <[email protected]>​

Fri, Dec 1, 10:56 AM
to Alex
Still waiting on a response, called in to see if there was somebody to talk to and they said the only way was through email.....

And of course I am told there is no way to call and talk to him, only able to correspond through email

On to happier times

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

Now she sits and waits until the weekend where its supposed to rain to clear the salt and hopefully be nice the next day so i can bring her home
20231220_184215.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I sent them a huge long summary of everything I went through with them which I guess I might as well post here so I can start my smear campaign. Yeah thats what I said, the kicker was that they sat on it for 2 months. I kind of thought that about the court, but last time I did it I went up against my home warranty company without a lawyer and ended up winning basically 10k after all the hassle since for me most times its more of a principle thing. Yeah I usually hate to be that guy that wines about stuff, but the more I have thought about it I am going to make a post in the Gbody group on FB.

Jeannie Fish <[email protected]>​

Aug 11, 2023, 2:48 PM

Hello Mr McLellan,

I received an email stating you wanted to file a claim with Holley regarding an issue you had with our Sniper product. This is very unfortunate and Holley regrets that you have had this unsatisfactory experience with any of our products. We will need you to provide answers to the following questions to get your claim started.

4) Who installed this Sniper Unit and are they certified mechanic(s)?

Once I receive this information, I will forward it to Holley Product Management for review. We will also need the Sniper unit returned to Holley for engineering evaluation. We need pictures of the engine and damage. After you provide all the requested pictures, please package these parts, and let me know when they are ready to ship. At that time, I will have someone issue a UPS call tag to have them shipped to Holley. Please provide the address where UPS needs to pick this package up.

Thank you

Jeannie Fish Jones
Quality Manager
1801 Russellville Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101
[email protected] | www.holley.com

I wonder what makes her qualified to be a QM? and WTF is a "certified mechanic"?

you should have asked her if she had certifiable QC/QM qualifications. :blam:

Alex W. Bilbrey
Holley, thy name is sh*t. You are hereby outcast from the "holy muscle car circle".

did they at least send you back the crappy product they tested and claimed was good?

as for court, file multiple claims one at a time for all the "this'll fix it!" stuff you had to buy. file each claim (under $500) in small claims court, they don't show up, you get a default judgment. then file for the next item. get multiple default judgments. it's going to cost them more to send a lawyer to defend than it will be to settle. multiple small claims add up to cost them money.

I wonder what makes her qualified to be a QM? and WTF is a "certified mechanic"?

you should have asked her if she had certifiable QC/QM qualifications. :blam:

Holley, thy name is sh*t. You are hereby outcast from the "holy muscle car circle".

did they at least send you back the crappy product they tested and claimed was good?

as for court, file multiple claims one at a time for all the "this'll fix it!" stuff you had to buy. file each claim (under $500) in small claims court, they don't show up, you get a default judgment. then file for the next item. get multiple default judgments. it's going to cost them more to send a lawyer to defend than it will be to settle. multiple small claims add up to cost them money.
Probably very good oral skills:banana:

Yeah I finally got it last week.

Thats a pretty good idea, except it'll cost me a sh*t ton is filing fees to do them all individually

Probably very good oral skills:banana:

Yeah I finally got it last week.

Thats a pretty good idea, except it'll cost me a sh*t ton is filing fees to do them all individually
hmmmm, maybe not. looks like a minimum fee is $100 but they allow up to $12000 as a small claim

You can appear in Small Claims Court without an attorney, as many parties often do. Filing fees vary and are generally based on the amount you are seeking to recover, but at a minimum, $100, and are recoverable if you win and you can find the fee by calling the office of the MDJ
In Pennsylvania, a lawsuit involving a claim of $12,000.00 or less can be filed in Magisterial District Court.

might force them to the table to settle for what it would cost them a lawyer

hmmmm, maybe not. looks like a minimum fee is $100 but they allow up to $12000 as a small claim

You can appear in Small Claims Court without an attorney, as many parties often do. Filing fees vary and are generally based on the amount you are seeking to recover, but at a minimum, $100, and are recoverable if you win and you can find the fee by calling the office of the MDJ
In Pennsylvania, a lawsuit involving a claim of $12,000.00 or less can be filed in Magisterial District Court.

might force them to the table to settle for what it would cost them a lawyer
Yeah that is what I had been kicking around, thought you meant to do a few different lawsuits which would then have to pay for each individually. They basically made me do all the legwork for the case hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: 86LK
Finally got to drive it with the 6.0/4l80 combo. This thing is an absolute riot now. The 5.3 used to alway have good top end, this thing with just a little throttle likes to party..
IMG_4328.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor