What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, Mister Moderator, wondering if Sweet Johnny's response to my comments about oil filters would be a good candidate to add to the information reference library on this site? For myself I am sufficiently interested in the Wix brand/label that I may be asking my local inidie speed shop about whether they carry or can source the line when I head over there shortly.

Nick

Back more than a page or two ago, there was a thread that discussed how some of the members had dealt with the upper actuating rod on the A-G body 4 speed clutch pedal assembly. As part of that exercise, someone posted a couple of pictures of a custom rod design that used spherical rod ends as a way to allow for the mis-alignment of the rod to the pedal arm and the Z-bar arm. Anyone recall that thread or happen to still have thos pics in a picture folder? At the time I did go with the stock rod but now rethinking that given the amount of work I had to do at the time to minimize getting it all to line up.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

added a chrome lid to the cowl induction air cleaner w 350/350 decal.

Attachments

• Chrome AirCleaner Lid (2).jpg
    Chrome AirCleaner Lid (2).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Another day of disappointment, put in another almost full day with us basically being right there to be able to get it to start. I put on 2 new ground wires in the back to help with the hot start issue hopefully. While I was doing that my buddy decided to redo the vacuum lines and delete the block to clean it up some. After that we got the CAI buttoned up with the block off plate installed. Then started the tuning in the Edlebrock app, first issue we had was trying to use the E Tuner4+ for some reason wouldn't find it. So attempted the Etuner 4 and that found it right away, start into the process and realize it is only reading 3.8 fuel pressure. Hot wired the pump to see if that was an issue but didn't seem to be, we were finding fuel at the inline filter but wasn't at the rail itself which was strange. After a few gas bathes we thought there may have been a block somewhere, turned out that with all that hassle of the fuel regulator last week we forgot that the lines were reversed from Sniper to the Pro-flo. After the huge problem of trying to run the lines without them kinking we decided to splice in at the filter to swap the lines. Then we still rain into problems with getting the right fuel pressure because it didn't tell you in the instructions which way to go up or down in pressure so played with that for a while with no luck. Decided to call it for the day thinking the fuel regulator was either bad from the beginning or got wiped with the pressure getting put to the return. So gonna give it a go sometime this week hopefully
20231217_144117.jpg
20231217_143755.jpg
20231217_090654.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Another day of disappointment, put in another almost full day with us basically being right there to be able to get it to start. I put on 2 new ground wires in the back to help with the hot start issue hopefully. While I was doing that my buddy decided to redo the vacuum lines and delete the block to clean it up some. After that we got the CAI buttoned up with the block off plate installed. Then started the tuning in the Edlebrock app, first issue we had was trying to use the E Tuner4+ for some reason wouldn't find it. So attempted the Etuner 4 and that found it right away, start into the process and realize it is only reading 3.8 fuel pressure. Hot wired the pump to see if that was an issue but didn't seem to be, we were finding fuel at the inline filter but wasn't at the rail itself which was strange. After a few gas bathes we thought there may have been a block somewhere, turned out that with all that hassle of the fuel regulator last week we forgot that the lines were reversed from Sniper to the Pro-flo. After the huge problem of trying to run the lines without them kinking we decided to splice in at the filter to swap the lines. Then we still rain into problems with getting the right fuel pressure because it didn't tell you in the instructions which way to go up or down in pressure so played with that for a while with no luck. Decided to call it for the day thinking the fuel regulator was either bad from the beginning or got wiped with the pressure getting put to the return. So gonna give it a go sometime this week hopefully
View attachment 232506View attachment 232507View attachment 232508
I guess we can go back to $50.

There's enough new parts now it'll make up the difference.

Reactions: 1 user
that's a pretty fancy post-clamp. don't think I've ever seen one of those. look beefier than a typical clamp. how well do they work?
Can't really say yet, everyone was hating on my other posts so while I was dealing with other changes figured I would give them a shot
mclellan83 it's been a little bit since I've been in here, you change the setup to something different?
Yeah, after the engine blowing up and trying to talk to Holley at SEMA I finally hit the wall of having enough of their BS. Also, didn't want to take a chance of blowing up the new motor so hopefully will have something reliable

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor