What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have f--k bugs there too that fly around docked with one another.
Nothing wrong with love bugs, everything has the right to get some..

Is the amount of pollen this year normal? I parked under a tree when I was travelling through to Florida and my truck looked like it was covered in dried cat pee. It was insane how much there was.
Yup that's normal, hair earlier than usual. Things are coming to life like a month early.

That is called "The Pollening", its a season haha.

Ok so today welding more on the frame, taking pictures of wiring harness just for reference and fitting in the cross brace from mikes monte let me tell you that was a fast delivery and the best customer service I’ve had yet with getting parts!
As I look at the scope of the project I have the hurst scoop and spoiler so I’m really thinking why not lightning rods.. besides the fact that there hard to find and expensive but this whole project is expensive and now it’s like damn the torpedoes and do it… and I know there’s someone in the group that’s a very good go to for lightning rod’s….. anyway for tonight that’s where I’m at… need to finish the rest of the frame so I can get this bare steel under the chassis saver

Attachments

• BA0EC866-7C3C-43C9-97CC-347449C0A54D.jpeg
    BA0EC866-7C3C-43C9-97CC-347449C0A54D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • D8BC15B5-50CA-4363-9A25-36B753575DED.jpeg
    D8BC15B5-50CA-4363-9A25-36B753575DED.jpeg
    893.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 654393D5-DD43-4F93-AEBD-2CC1B52E6562.jpeg
    654393D5-DD43-4F93-AEBD-2CC1B52E6562.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Is the amount of pollen this year normal? I parked under a tree when I was travelling through to Florida and my truck looked like it was covered in dried cat pee. It was insane how much there was.
Yep. Now I will say how long the pollen season lasts depends on what part of which state you're in.

In metro Atlanta, the sweep it with a broom pollen season was about 2 weeks. Here on the coast, it's about 2 months. All has to do with number of species and when they open. Hardwoods don't dump sperm like the angiosperms.

Out of curiosity when there was sustained no-rain periods just after grad school our firm swept up pollen outside in Atlanta and sold it to fraternities for prank purposes by weighted baggies with a sticker marked 'tree sperm'with stickers. Turned out it sold. Mature, right? Then they bought Scotch with the proceeds for the firm bar.

• Haha
Reactions: 64nailhead and 86LK
went and pulled some parts from the flood elkie trailer project, to send to other elkie owners. glovebox light w/wiring harness, seatbelt anchors, hinge bolts for seats, exhaust y-pipe, headrest inserts

went and pulled some parts from the flood elkie trailer project, to send to other elkie owners. glovebox light w/wiring harness, seatbelt anchors, hinge bolts for seats, exhaust y-pipe, headrest inserts
Very nice, I was looking for a hinge pillar for my driver side but no such luck I don’t think they make them yet. They do make this lower section for replacement but much more work than just patching. I’m also doing a lot of welding on my car but I’m by no means good at it. As long as I get good penetration the ugly can be sanded down. It feels good when you’re done and don’t see all that nasty looking rust.

Very nice, I was looking for a hinge pillar for my driver side but no such luck I don’t think they make them yet. They do make this lower section for replacement but much more work than just patching. I’m also doing a lot of welding on my car but I’m by no means good at it. As long as I get good penetration the ugly can be sanded down. It feels good when you’re done and don’t see all that nasty looking rust.

you mean this one here?

1678048245491.png

Yeah the section of the frame on the pillar. I need to get the door off first and see if the new a pillar will fix it or if the damage is worse than I can tell right now. As soon as I get the time I’ll tackle the project.

Yeah the section of the frame on the pillar. I need to get the door off first and see if the new a pillar will fix it or if the damage is worse than I can tell right now. As soon as I get the time I’ll tackle the project.
the section pictured below has been cut-off at the yellow line, just behind the second body mount. the section circled in orange will be removed and sent to the metal recyclers unless someone needs it. do you have a need for it?

1678055096676.png

the section pictured below has been cut-off at the yellow line, just behind the second body mount. the section circled in orange will be removed and sent to the metal recyclers unless someone needs it. do you have a need for it?

View attachment 217335
I'd recommend you cut 3 pieces off what's left:

1: a 5 or 6" tall strip starting just below the brake booster hole and up to where the cowl tag attaches, all the way to the left and right where you cut the pillars;

2&3: between outer rocker and into the downwards drop in the floorpan on each side.

Why? Repop floorpans don't go all the way to the rockers, and, some cars rot just above the brake booster or just above the climate box.

Those patches take up almost no room in a garage, but save a lot of fabrication time if you or someone else needs them. Nobody is making them to my knowledge right now.

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor