What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New power steering radiator and filter, tomorrow need to take fuel tank down cause fuel pump ended working when way to take car to the winter storage, rest of with tow truck and back to home with tow truck, much money wasted
IMG_8546.jpeg
IMG_8548.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Cutting up several frames for scrap.

Straight, never hit, some corrosion around body mount holes from rain but otherwise solid and scale free.

Chop Chop Chop.

Have had dozens of no-shows and even more tire kickers over the last 4 months. Had nice rust free control arms on them too. Guess these days $125 is too much for most people.

Scrap man cometh.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Took her out for a good ride last night, of course has to continue to live up to the name. Get out and open the garage and notice the one headlight bucket seemed to let go and is letting the headlight tilt down a ton. Hoping that it just came loose and I can put it back in.....

Reactions: 1 users
Not a good thing to have to do. Did it once with a frame that I had acquired from a 78 Cutlass. Totally stock and unmolested. No rust. The plan was to do a frame swap and move my 78 body over to the good frame. Found out that the body was done and ended up having to cut that frame up too. About broke my heart but no garage and no where to store it safely and out of the elements. Meh.

CK, what is the scoop on that tank? I'm seeing what I think are JIC fittings on the fuel lines. They some kind of bolt on adapter or did you solder them on?

Nick

Cutting up several frames for scrap.

Straight, never hit, some corrosion around body mount holes from rain but otherwise solid and scale free.

Chop Chop Chop.

Have had dozens of no-shows and even more tire kickers over the last 4 months. Had nice rust free control arms on them too. Guess these days $125 is too much for most people.

Scrap man cometh.
where are you located? I've been toying the idea of getting another frame. Out here in Nascar country they either are expensive, already cut up, or have a jungle gym welded to it.

where are you located? I've been toying the idea of getting another frame. Out here in Nascar country they either are expensive, already cut up, or have a jungle gym welded to it.
Georgia, near the SC line off I95. Only 1 left, the others are cut up and already in the scrap yard. This one wasn't gonna fit in the trailer so it got spared till probably tomorrow u less you can use it.

Takes me about 3, 3.5 hrs to get to autofair from here.

Got my UMI control arm braces in today (YEA!!) & went out to see about a mock up to see how they'll go on. Then where the mufflers are living stopped everything. They are about level with & too close to the lower front bolts of the lower arms & don't give me the clearance for the time being. After all this time the exhaust still getting a few punches in after I thought I won that fight. So looks like I have to order new hangers to see about dropping them down with out needing to readjust the whole thing. Maybe if I ran with the Jegs kit the mufflers might of sat in a better position.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor