Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I picked up a 9 inch from a dirt track car. 31 spline Moser axles. New bearing and bolts.
20230114_162610.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally tackled testing the OE Vette mirror motors to find out 2 of the 3 works. The prettiest one doesn't but the ugliest does, the third/plain one does too. Only issue I have is moving the mirror "up" by the switch the motor goes "down. Dummy me forgot to note what color does what with the Roadmaster switch so...:doh:
I also tested the W Monte/Lumina set with both working but only the passenger side moved the same as the switch, driver side wasn't but function correctly (vertical was horizontal & vice versa.)

Reactions: 3 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Finally tackled testing the OE Vette mirror motors to find out 2 of the 3 works. The prettiest one doesn't but the ugliest does, the third/plain one does too. Only issue I have is moving the mirror "up" by the switch the motor goes "down. Dummy me forgot to note what color does what with the Roadmaster switch so...:doh:
I also tested the W Monte/Lumina set with both working but only the passenger side moved the same as the switch, driver side wasn't but function correctly (vertical was horizontal & vice versa.)
Yeah, they’re a bit tricky to wire correctly between cars. Run some contact cleaner through the Roadmaster switch if it’s the knob type like a G’s remote mirror control.
If you’ve got a picture of the RM switch I’ve got a note saved that has the wire functions written down for the C4 mirrors, might help.

Reactions: 1 user

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I went into the garage, uncovered my 1979 Hurst/Olds, and looked at it. I'm thinking this is definitely the year it gets back on the road. It's been off now since July 2019. I've been enjoying my 1978 Delta 88 Holiday coupe too much and have pretty much ignored the Hurst.

Reactions: 2 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Got the rear coil overs on, next up is the control arms for the rear. Below is what it looks like on the lowest possible setting. Overall a 2” drop from factory. I will need to drive it to see if I like the 150lb springs or if I’ll need something softer 9E6E104A-03EB-48DA-B9CF-27BE1AC3DE69.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah, they’re a bit tricky to wire correctly between cars. Run some contact cleaner through the Roadmaster switch if it’s the knob type like a G’s remote mirror control.
If you’ve got a picture of the RM switch I’ve got a note saved that has the wire functions written down for the C4 mirrors, might help.
The Roadmaster switch works perfect, even used it with the W motors. Forward me that info so I ca see the Vette motors use the same wire colors as the ones I have. Maybe add it to the power mirror thread too.

Edit: I even used the W switch with same results.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor