What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Finally got to drive it with the 6.0/4l80 combo. This thing is an absolute riot now. The 5.3 used to alway have good top end, this thing with just a little throttle likes to party..
View attachment 232983
just like the song.....

We're an American brand
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American brand

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Finally got to drive it with the 6.0/4l80 combo. This thing is an absolute riot now. The 5.3 used to alway have good top end, this thing with just a little throttle likes to party..
View attachment 232983
How's that cam sound? I don't think I've heard a sound clip of one yet. Not too much for the combo apparently. What stall did 'ya pick?

Picked-up a <200k 6.0/4l80e. Going to clean-up the 243's off my Envoy & trying to decide on a cam/converter now.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
How's that cam sound? I don't think I've heard a sound clip of one yet. Not too much for the combo apparently. What stall did 'ya pick?

Picked-up a <200k 6.0/4l80e. Going to clean-up the 243's off my Envoy & trying to decide on a cam/converter now.
This was with the 5.3 short block and the same heads.
I went with a 3200. I do think that has a lot do with how different it feels now. I honestly feel like later I would do a slightly milder cam. We’ll see how it plays with the turbos.

Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Nice chop. Thanks for the insight. What's the turbo set-up plan?
My young-gun co-hort is Jonsing to just start w/a single but I'm more 'lets get the LS swap done first & then upgrade/change stuff'.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Nice chop. Thanks for the insight. What's the turbo set-up plan?
My young-gun co-hort is Jonsing to just start w/a single but I'm more 'lets get the LS swap done first & then upgrade/change stuff'.
Twin 67/66.
Just waiting on a couple more part before I start putting it together. I would also like to do some N/a passes to see where it’s at now with the 6.0
IMG_4275.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Finished the power steering leak last weekend and buttoned up the leaking water neck this morning. Had to replace it with a 15° swivel as the old one was touching the sending unit for the fans.
Then a wash, gas and out for a cruise.

Reactions: 4 users

jere7260

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2023
What trans do you have on the engine? Is there a reason for the bigger? trans pan? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL from Jack And Oleta in Winter Haven, FL
Hey John, running the turbo 350 that I had mated to the sbc for the bbc. It was built by a long time stock car transmission builder so I'm confident it will hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor