What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Good Lord, I think I'll stick with analog after seeing what you've had to go through. I'm glad to see you persevere though.
Just my luck with everything, wish they had that Auto Meter all digital setup when I was going mine. I was trying to hold off cause I had a feeling that something was coming like what I wanted but when I talked to Dakota they tried to make it seem like theirs was going to be that way. But honestly not a big fan of their HDX line with that tiny little screen making it seem like it is on the same level as the other all digital completely customizable setups that came a few years later

Reactions: 1 users
So just as a question here, what would the $$ byte end up being were you to dump the Dakota set up and get the Autometer set that you wanted in the first place?

Seeing all the grief and misery that you seem to have showering down on you in endless soggy sheets, the law of diminishing returns comes to mind. Too much misery for too little gratification, Bail out, mon, the ground she be coming way too up fast and be way too hard.

Nick

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Was looking for some decent looking wire holders for the BBB to run wires better. However I refuse to pay what they go for..cuz I'm cheap lol so I made my own with cheapo aluminum retainers..

Attachments

• 20240620_171816.jpg
    20240620_171816.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240620_162447.jpg
    20240620_162447.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t really done much of anything over the last week, the heat keeps me from working until like 8pm and even then I’m like this by the time I’m done:

Wet sanded all the lower trim pieces save for the doors and rear bumper and filled some dents in on one door piece that were too deep to leave be. Hopefully I’ll get to the other tomorrow, then it’s on to preparing the nose to for primer.
Also futz’d about with the tail light shield project, I’m not confident I’ll get these the first time around, but I’ve got a day to wait for this attempt to cure before I can say for sure. Need to buy some more silicone mold mixture to be safe.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey, the humidity blows chunks but the heat is great for drying time and reshots. I should be buying shares in SEM the way I buy and go through Rust Mort.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users
Not much progress as it's been way too hot in my area.

Regal - I found what was killing the battery. In a panic of trying to find out why the fans weren't coming on weeks ago, I started plugging stuff up under the hood. One of those things (which I still didn't investigate) was drawing power from the battery @ nearly 5 amps. I found this by using a multimeter and checking for parasitic draw. I know I should have traced where those wires were going, but I honestly just wanted to stop the drain and make sure everything else in the car was working.

Monte Carlo - I have a weird electrical issue going on. The alternator doesn't seem to start charging until the car "warms up." It's not specifically an RPM thing, as I can rev it on a cold start and it still doesn't kick on. After a while, the alternator begins to work. It's a tough master unit, 7290NF (200 amp). I don't know how to go about troubleshooting the issue. Could it be belt slip? The belt seems to be tight and in good condition. In more progressive news, my son helped me install the drivers side window and I got the windshield and rear window trim on.

Reactions: 4 users
So just as a question here, what would the $$ byte end up being were you to dump the Dakota set up and get the Autometer set that you wanted in the first place?

Seeing all the grief and misery that you seem to have showering down on you in endless soggy sheets, the law of diminishing returns comes to mind. Too much misery for too little gratification, Bail out, mon, the ground she be coming way too up fast and be way too hard.

Nick
Probably not much in the grand scheme of things, but feel that they probably won't really be as good of gauges and just have the flashiness. So I am trying to be an adult with it and think about not going to the newest flashy thing. But after all of that, found out it really wasn't a Dakota problem so they can be let off the hook
20240620_195333.jpg
20240620_195246_005.jpg

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Last edited:
Hey, the humidity blows chunks but the heat is great for drying time and reshots. I should be buying shares in SEM the way I buy and go through Rust Mort.

Nick
If I could stand to be in the shop long enough to actually prep things for paint, I’d be ready to spray basecoat by now 🫠

Reactions: 2 users
So as you see above I found my Dakota problem after getting ready to remove it to send out to get warrantied, before that I did end up getting my air ride sensor into range by myself like a big boy. So I ran it out to get gas since I figured it was pretty low, apparently the Monte just hates gas stations in general cause this time I took too long at the gym talking to my future ex wife and missed Sam's Club being open so had to go down the street. When I went to restart it slow cranked and just didn't want to turn over for a solid 20 seconds or so. So I waited a little bit and did it again but yet again failed to start, so gave it a brake to give it one more chance before sticking a jump pack on it and it finally started. On the way home it stalled out once, but fired up as soon as I cranked it. Then it stalled out a second time backing into my garage, but when it was running it seemed to be running much stronger so I am curious to see how it does today. I then stuck a light out so I can wash the car in the dark so when I get off work I can just head out
20240620_193535.jpg
20240620_215808.jpg

Probably not much in the grand scheme of things, but feel that they probably won't really be as good of gauges and just have the flashiness. So I am trying to be an adult with it and think about not going to the newest flashy thing. But after all of that, found out it really wasn't a Dakota problem so they an be let off the hook
View attachment 241124View attachment 241125
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics
What exactly are we supposed to be seeing here?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor