What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck with the 16" Sumitomos I imposed on the Roller Skate.

Reactions: fleming442
I've had good luck with the 16" Sumitomos I imposed on the Roller Skate.

There is a local shop that sells Sumics which are generic Sumitimos, I've had pretty good luck with them. They are cheap and they do pretty well for an all season. For a commuter car like the Camry they are perfect.

Reactions: pontiacgp
I ordered mine on Tire Rack. I went up 40 mm wider and nearly an inch taller, so I avoided all the questions by just having them mounted on the loose rims. As a bonus, the rubber sticks out past the rims, old s'cool style, which saved me from curb rash a few times. It's been fun to toss this light, cheap, low-powered econo-box into fast turns now and then.

Wifes fusion has falkens. Put a new set on at 60k and replaced them at 105k. A few thousand short of what they were rated but we weren't on top of rotating them as much as we should have so they wore fast on the front.

For the price they are a good tire I thought.

My Dad had Sumitimos on his Camry lease. They were great. I've had these Sumic GT-As on a couple cars, including the Camry and the Lacrosse and they've always been quiet, last long and do well in the wet and snow. They are dirt cheap, mounted, balanced installed, 4 disposals and tax, it's less than $300 out the door.

The Goodyear Viva 3s are decent tire as well at a similar price point but you can only get them at Walmart and you have to put up with the goons working there. But honestly I still like the generic Sumitimos better.

Reactions: fleming442
I started stripping down the Jeep engine for removal. What a PITA I will never complain about a G body ever again. I have to remove the head/intake/exhaust/cats/head pipe as one unit because all fasteners are rusted away and totally inaccessible. Whoever designed this should be keel hauled.
IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor