What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
115665-b0e2518075eea6debacb1c415cbccbf9.jpg

Not the world's biggest colonnade fan, but that sure is purty!

My uncle bought a new electric lawn mower and asked me if I wanted his old Lawn Boy. Hell yeah I did. He said it needed a few things but ran fine when he parked it at the end of last year.

Its a 2 cycle, which is awesome. The pull cord was broken but I wrapped a small rope around the flywheel and it started on literally the first pull, old gas and all. It's got great compression and the deck isn't rusted at all, even most of the paint is still intact. He gave me the bagger and the mulch plate and all of the manuals and receipts for it, looks like it was new in 1996. I usually flip these but I may actually keep this one. I won't need it till spring anyways so its a project for later on, but I'm really glad to have it.

IMG_20191117_145156103-2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20191117_145134686-1603x2137.jpg

What did I do... 🤔 ok try and keep up I'm a ball of fire now that I have a less stressed job! Started the morning with a good breakfast the wife and I made bacon and eggs with fresh avocado on the side then I headed out to the farm in Jackson where I've been doing all the work on the truck lately. The first thing I wanted to do was mount a tire for the blasting rig. So I grabbed my harbor freight manual tire machine to mount it on my car trailer where it usually lives. This time I threw bolted it with carriage bolts because the lags I've used in the past were nowhere to be found and they always loosen up anyway. Once I had it mounted I realized that I'd have to take the SS454 pro street truck off the trailer to use the thing. There's a not road Worthy trailer there that Eric uses for building suspension on cars like a bench and that truck is supposed to go on it so I figured I'd do it. Well that trailer was missing a rim and tire. So I grabbed one Frome inside a Mopar rally wheel with an old Dunlop GT qualifier I filled it with air and threw it on. Boom roller hooked my truck to my trailer and Eric's to the other one parked them back to back and pushed his truck on his trailer. Then I parked his junk and got back to mine. Broke down 2 tires by hand and mounted one up for the blasting rig. I then I parked my trailer where the landlord wanted it and parked my truck. Next I helped bleed the brakes on a all original survivor 1970s hot rod 72 340 4speed 'cuda. Before I went inside to help Eric move engines and try to fix lighting. After that I went home and split a few days of firewood by hand because neither splitter runs and the axe is faster than the wrench in this cold weather. Now I've eaten dinner stoked the fire and I think I'm done until tomorrow😎

Nice pick up
It's been really good to me. Got it in a trade for a clapped out crown Vic I had $400 into. Was an electrical contractors shop truck so i had a load of stickers to remove, also typical of electricians it had stupid stuff done to it. Was originally a uhaul truck. I got it to swap the 4.8 and 60e into my wagon but it just works really well and will probably just keep it around for my son to drive in a year or so. I sold my OBS Powerstroke to pay for HVAC in my new house so this thing has been my only truck.

Spent most of the day dealing with a chicken injury... Somehow one of my chickens (now known as "Lame Lucy") broke it's leg. She was limping but seemed fine otherwise so I didn't want to put her down, but I didn't know what the hell to do. So got online and saw a video on how to splint a broken chicken leg- something I never thought I'd need to do, lol. She has to stay in a crate for a week or so but hopefully she'll heal up and be back to normal. I can't believe some of the sh*t I get myself into.

View attachment 128469View attachment 128470
did a nice job Dr.
you havent lived until you coaxed an egg out of an egg bound chicken or duck so they dont die. oh the joy

Reactions: joesregalproject
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor