What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Despite TURNA's poop and puke concerns, I decided to give the Home Depot carpet machine a shot. I also used Tide, Dawn dish soap, and some citrus degreaser with similar results to the Spot Shot and scrubbing. I used Zep carpet extractor shampoo at about 10 parts hot water to 1 part Zep, and a bit of Dawn. It definitely worked and was really good for saturating the carpet with the shampoo. The only thing I didn't like was that it leaves the cleaning solution in the carpet. So I used my old Honda pressure washer on the lowest pressure with the widest nozzle to rinse them.

The carpets don't look brand new, but definitely as good as they will ever be. I don't really have any before pictures, and I'm waiting for them to dry out to get some after shots, but here's a video of what got sucked out-

Ew. Between the carpets, the front seats, and the bottom rear seat cushion, I probably pulled out 6 gallons that were just as dirty. I'll get after shots as soon as everything is dry.
That's coffee have a cup

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Road trip for my Jeep, an hour and 1/4 trip to watch my grandson play lacrosse at 4:30, then an hour and 20 minutes to pick up a fan, then a 15 minute drive to buy a bike for my other grandson, then a 45 minute drive to pick up my transmission and then an hour drive home.....:cool:

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It sprung a hydraulic leak in a steel tube.
20190505_105903.jpg
When I got done with it.
20190505_120741.jpg
Normally I would have brazed it up, but in order to get the line out I would have had to pull the radiator, housing, and engine up several inches. **** that, it is mine. Going to get a hose made to replace the tube. I really don't like Newholland equipment!

Reactions: 3 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Well l clipped the right side of the urethane bumper of my Camaro over winter storage so it's a good excuse to repaint the whole car an get even more gloss look. Been spending all my spare time sanding for it. Screenshot_20190505-205145~2.png Pic is of last year before l clipped it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It sprung a hydraulic leak in a steel tube. View attachment 112905 When I got done with it. View attachment 112906 Normally I would have brazed it up, but in order to get the line out I would have had to pull the radiator, housing, and engine up several inches. **** that, it is mine. Going to get a hose made to replace the tube. I really don't like Newholland equipment!
Well that's disappointing. I was just going to ask if I could borrow that.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Well that's disappointing. I was just going to ask if I could borrow that.
Give me a couple days and it will be good to go. I worn you though it has not been the most reliable machine so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor